PFT is at it again...with Saban | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT is at it again...with Saban

I disagree...

PFT is self-serving...they really serve no journalistic function...unless you consider entertainment a journalistic function. I'm not as bothered by it as I used to be...probably because they seem so concerned with others taking them seriously...Still I think they are one of the principle pot stirrers with regards to this Saban mess.:tongue:

Not really. This rumor's longevity reflects the attitude of the media, nothing more: they believe it's likely Saban will leave for Alabama, thus continue to report it. It's become an utter joke at this point, with some members of the media trying to justify the continued reporting of this rumor by claiming that Saban's denials aren't strong enough. What, so now Saban is supposed to control what others say about him?

On the other hand you have to consider there are 2 sides in this alleged flirtation. Perhaps there are some inside the Crimson Tide organization who are leaking tidbits to the media. Apparently, the Crimson Tide believe that Saban is still in play. There has to be more to it, than just wishful thinking.

On the other hand you have to consider there are 2 sides in this alleged flirtation. Perhaps there are some inside the Crimson Tide organization who are leaking tidbits to the media. Apparently, the Crimson Tide believe that Saban is still in play. There has to be more to it, than just wishful thinking.

I'm inclined to believe that Alabama is using Saban's name to try and make their program appear more prestigious than it actually is.

Agreed. This will not go away until Alabama finally settles on a head coach. There are rumors they aren't taking no for an answer. There are also rumors that Nick's wife (and Nick) prefer college. He can categorically deny it all he wants, and maybe he's being truthful, but until that spot is filled the conjecture is going to be there.

As much as I want Saban to stay, I want this to be over more, stay or go, Nick, get off the fence!

How in the world is "I will Not Be The Coach At Alabama" sitting on the fence???

This is all Spurrier's fault. He had a couple of tough years with the Redskins and flaked. It's Alabama pushing this story, but the reason some are so willing to buy it is because the last well-publicized college coach to go pro went crying back home in the same amount of time it has been since Nick came here.

The talk of Saban's looming departure is widespread, even though it's not getting much play in the media.

:sidelol: I know, its like no one will even mention it. :lol:

Let's all put this into perspective. We're not losing a Bill Belichick here if he goes. We are losing a coach with a 500 record.

It all comes down to getting people to read your stuff. Anyone could write for PFT. All you need to do is look at the facts and just contradict them. Its nothing but rumors and speculation.

Everyone wants a story, and the media desperately wants this to be
another Spurrier situation.

SS and NS are two different people.

Saban is a workaholic, and, SS isn't.

Leaving for Bama would be one of the most punk moves ever.

Yes he is supposed to control it. He is the leader. The problem is, and he knows it, is that he has not yet said something strong enough yet to over power the talk, and he could. He knows he could. Why doesn't he get mad about it for example. Silence the crowd. Show leadership. He is very calm since he lost it back around game 6.

He has categorically denied any rumors or speculation on this subject. What more would you like? To me, it's pretty obvious that the South Florida media has some sort of grudge with Saban and is trying like hell to drive him out.. He plays hardball with them, thery're returning the favor.

Back
Top Bottom