PFT is at it again...with Saban | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT is at it again...with Saban

It's hard to say that PFT hates Saban, given that he gave them an exclusive interview over the South Florida sports press.

That said, I'm really looking forward to this story blowing up in the general media's face.

well then maybe...PFT has a grudge against the Dolphins

because they certainly won't let this story go.

if he does not go, they have pie in their face with the rumors

It's pretty hard to outright dismiss this like some of you people are doing, given the extent this has spread.

It's pretty hard to outright dismiss this like some of you people are doing, given the extent this has spread.

Not really. This rumor's longevity reflects the attitude of the media, nothing more: they believe it's likely Saban will leave for Alabama, thus continue to report it. It's become an utter joke at this point, with some members of the media trying to justify the continued reporting of this rumor by claiming that Saban's denials aren't strong enough. What, so now Saban is supposed to control what others say about him?

I think there is a possibility he could go. I wouldn't like it, but you never know. Their keeping the spot open till after the bowl games and the season is over. You don't think they'll ante up the offer to get him thinking otherwise? I think he'll stay on, or hope he does.

I think it's likely that Nick owes somebody at Alabama a favor and has agreed to deal with this crapstorm until the NFL season ends and Alabama throws big money at somebody like Coughlin after he gets fired. The Saban rumors satisfy the rabid fans who would be at near riot level if they had no big name to salivate over during this period.

It's either that or Alabama is seriously going to throw insane money at Nick that no rational person could possibly turn down. I just really don't see that, though. It's not as though we're talking about a man who deserves living legend status or anything -- he won one title. Barry Switzer won more than that.

Not really. This rumor's longevity reflects the attitude of the media, nothing more: they believe it's likely Saban will leave for Alabama, thus continue to report it. It's become an utter joke at this point, with some members of the media trying to justify the continued reporting of this rumor by claiming that Saban's denials aren't strong enough. What, so now Saban is supposed to control what others say about him?

Yes he is supposed to control it. He is the leader. The problem is, and he knows it, is that he has not yet said something strong enough yet to over power the talk, and he could. He knows he could. Why doesn't he get mad about it for example. Silence the crowd. Show leadership. He is very calm since he lost it back around game 6.

Yes he is supposed to control it. He is the leader. The problem is, and he knows it, is that he has not yet said something strong enough yet to over power the talk, and he could. He knows he could. Why doesn't he get mad about it for example. Silence the crowd. Show leadership. He is very calm since he lost it back around game 6.

I don't understand what he's supposed to say? He's flat out, categorically denied it, and no one will let it go.

they must absolutely hate Saban...

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

That's two new rumor threads by them in the last day.

pft writes: There's really nothing new for us to add to this, and we're mentioning it again only because we continue to hear the talk from new and different sources.

If there is nothing new then why print it. And who are these so called "different sources"? pft is just stirring the pot. Nick will not leave until the job is done. If he does then he is a LOSER as an NFL coach and he will always be known as one.

We're absolutely blown away by the extent to which league insiders and sources close to Dolphins coach Nick Saban are of the unequivocal belief that Saban will ditch the Fins to become the head coach at Alabama.
The talk of Saban's looming departure is widespread, even though it's not getting much play in the media.
There's really nothing new for us to add to this, and we're mentioning it again only because we continue to hear the talk from new and different sources.
So stay tuned. It figures to be a compelling week or so in NFL circles as coaching hot spots in Miami, New York, Atlanta, Arizona, Pittsburgh, and Cleveland heat up.

What ****ing sources? Youy got to pve the crap that PFT comes up with,. and peope actually believe these ******s.

Even though PFT doesn't always get the story straight, they do uncover stories every now and then. They apparently have a string of sources, perhaps some more legitimate than others, and supposedly many of those sources say he's leaving, despite what he himself has said.

Right or wrong, I can't blame PTF for reporting it if indeed they are getting signals from those sources that he's close to leaving.

What ****ing sources? Youy got to pve the crap that PFT comes up with,. and peope actually believe these ******s.

Since when do organizations like that reveal their sources? It's journalism. I'm not saying they're right or wrong, but they have been right on occasion. It's just something to keep an eye on. If they're right, they're right. If they're not, they're not. The season's basically over. The only people this piece from PFT has any effect on now are those who are overly sensitive he might leave.

Florio simply writes what he hears. The latest blurb basically says it all, Florio keeps checking with his usual sources and they're all telling him that Saban to Bama is a lock.

Which is disturbing, but still doesn't mean anything. If I worked for the NFL and I was of the opinion that the offer Bama has on the table is basically irrefusable, then I'd say to Florio "Oh yeah, Saban to Bama is a lock" then he'd write it because I'm an NFL source.

But that doesn't mean I actually know anything.

Back
Top Bottom