PFT Is Good for Something | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT Is Good for Something

Cranx

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Other than placing erroneous rumors on the internet for all to see PFT rarely offers its readers anything substantive. For the most part, it can be entertaining (in a Jerry Springer sort of way) if you take it for what it's worth, and that's exactly nothing.

Today however, I was able to find some information that's somewhat useful and may be of interest to some of you as they put the numbers up for franchise and transition tags for each player category in the NFL (category because the NFL does not see a contractual difference between certain positions like half back and full back- both are simply seen as RB's and would get tagged the same.)

The reason I bring this up is because some have been proponents of using either the franchise or transition tags to retain Todd Wade at RT and, based upon the numbers below, it would appear as though tagging Wade one way or another would simply be too much of a financial burden upon a team that already has certani cap issues.

Anyway, the numbers for offensive linemen are: $7,021,000 for the franchise tag and $6,012,000 for the transition tag. These are one time charges that immediately and completely count against a team's salary cap (unless a long term contract is later signed.) In other words, there is absolutely no way that Wade will be retained with either of these tags.

Wade is gone if it comes to that - there is no way he is worth a tag IMO

Wade isn't worth 1/4th of that amount.

Wade will hopefully not get anything near what he wants in Miami. Hopefully another team will waste money on him.

He's been solid on the right side and for a team looking to bolster their O-line, we should concider retaining hi one way or another.

Yeah has been solid if you were considering solid meant consistent. Todd Wade has underchieved ever since his rookie year and isn't worth a quarter of the money. I know we have had some below average interior play but when it came time for him to step up his play he usually made some bonehead mistake or blew an assignment. I would extremely happy if we replace him with a Vet FA. Let some other team pay him that kind of money.

Back
Top Bottom