Pft - Miami Close To A Deal For Josh Rosen (merged) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pft - Miami Close To A Deal For Josh Rosen (merged)

multistage

Club Member
Reaction score
If so, is this a good thing?

I gotta be honest, other than the somebodies I don’t really pay much attention to non Miami guys. So I haven’t followed him. At all. I heard he had a rough rookie season, not surprising considering where he was.

So. We’re giving a 3rd for him (general consensus in this hypothetical). Maybe a 4th.

Is this a good idea? Or should we keep our picks, roll with Fitz, and get our guy a year from now?

I’d like to see us keep (or trade down and improve) the picks we have. But that’s just me.

What do you all reckon?

They really can't though, it would make for a toxic QB room, they have to move him. Watch out for the cheats throwing them one of their many 3rd rounders for him.
I hope not I don't understand why other teams continue to help the patriots

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ible-destinations-for-josh-rosen-shorter-now/

Teams looking for long-term replacements such as the Chargers and possibly the Patriots might still be interested, but at this point Arizona’s best chance to extra value from the guy they traded up to get last year might be to wait for an injury in some other team’s camp.

But that just underscores how badly the Cardinals have mismanaged the position, after spending heavily in free agency to sign Sam Bradford and Mike Glennon, and then giving up a third and a fifth to move up five spots to take Rosen 10th overall last year.

You watch his 2018 highlights throwing to Larry Fitzgerald and they look very good to me. He can make all the throws. You can make him your franchise guy and not worry about that position on your team for five more drafts.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...ible-destinations-for-josh-rosen-shorter-now/

Teams looking for long-term replacements such as the Chargers and possibly the Patriots might still be interested, but at this point Arizona’s best chance to extra value from the guy they traded up to get last year might be to wait for an injury in some other team’s camp.

But that just underscores how badly the Cardinals have mismanaged the position, after spending heavily in free agency to sign Sam Bradford and Mike Glennon, and then giving up a third and a fifth to move up five spots to take Rosen 10th overall last year.
The way Wilks/McCoy approached that offense is the whole reason why they ended up here. No QB was going to succeed behind one of the worst offenses in history. They were poor hires that set up a poor situation for any guy.

Then they hire a coach who doesn't have a good track record of winning, who was a hot OC candidate. They give him the head job based on the offense movement. From day 1 he has given rosen the signal that he is going Murray at one. This gives them no leverage in a trade because everyone knows you gotta get rid of him now.

The idea that a starting QB is going down in camp is funny because it is very rare. So Mia, NE, and LA are sitting around waiting for the cardinals to cave because they lost their leverage.

Rosen would be an excellent pick up because Fits will do nothing and it allows us to see for a one year if he is that top 10 pick. if he isn't then we still have our shot at getting the guy we want.

You want to maximize your opportunities to find the guy and this is how you do it

Back
Top Bottom