PFT : More Saban Humor | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT : More Saban Humor

inFINSible said:
Are you trying to say you haven't heard anything like that?....I don't know where the specific stories, blurbs, or innuendo are for you to look at but, over the course of time I have read that he is not a nice person, that he is condescending and arrogant, and is quite the dictator when it comes to his football team.

Fine, he's not Wannstedt, but he seems like the extreme other end of the scale and that's going to get him hammered if he doesn't prove himself with wins.

The players seem to already love him.

Saban has done great things wherever he's gone. His philosophy is bullet proof and will be a great coach.

inFINSible said:
Are you trying to say you haven't heard anything like that?....I don't know where the specific stories, blurbs, or innuendo are for you to look at but, over the course of time I have read that he is not a nice person, that he is condescending and arrogant, and is quite the dictator when it comes to his football team.

Fine, he's not Wannstedt, but he seems like the extreme other end of the scale and that's going to get him hammered if he doesn't prove himself with wins.

The problem is that most of these blubrs and innuendos are from PFT. This story and the cookie story has been brought up by no one else, and that worries me.

inFINSible said:

All these stories stem from one thing.. MEDIA ACCESS.. The moment Nick closed the door on them, they felt spited, and less reputable sources like PFT are free to make up whatever crap they want to (within reason) in order to slander him. All I have heard from people that matter (Current/Former players, NFL coaches, etc.) is that he is a teacher, a builder of men, and a damned good football coach..

I dont buy into these inane stories, you shouldnt either.

BLITZKRIEG said:
What is it with PFT and HC N. Saban???...

you said it all right there. the stories that appear there make it seem like PFT's founder is a jilted assistant coach or something. chalk it up to jealousy. saban is clearly a "type A" and also a bit of a micro-manager, but he's not freaking napoleon! the crazier the rumor, the more likely it's somebody who is unhappy about some position they didn't get or some access they're not getting. less than a grain of salt, if that's possible...

SkapePhin said:
All these stories stem from one thing.. MEDIA ACCESS.. The moment Nick closed the door on them, they felt spited, and less reputable sources like PFT are free to make up whatever crap they want to (within reason) in order to slander him. All I have heard from people that matter (Current/Former players, NFL coaches, etc.) is that he is a teacher, a builder of men, and a damned good football coach..

I dont buy into these inane stories, you shouldnt either.
I don't buy into them wholely, and I wouldn't care if Satan was leading this team to 14 wins seasons but, if we win 5 games or less, even next season people are going to turn on Saban more quickly than if he was a laid back genius football coach.

It works the opposite too, if his no BS, give no quarter personality comes attached to a winning football coach the devotion he'd get from the fans would rival The Don.

Hostile7 said:
The players seem to already love him.

Saban has done great things wherever he's gone. His philosophy is bullet proof and will be a great coach.
Who knows how the players feel?
I'd guess that none of these players have spent one single full day around Saban, much less actual practice time and season long interaction. It's a pretty safe bet that they are just giving lip service right now.

IceStorm said:
What you see here is simply the back lash from the media because they aren't getting their way. Just like little children throwing a temper tantrum because they're not getting a cookie.

Its sad to see this. Its like the media has this belief that they have "the right" to do whatever they want to. I suppose it comes from them always being spoon fed, and they got used to not having to put any efforts in their work. They're just so used to being given everything, and now when someone stands up to them, they pout about it and make "suggestions".

Poor babies actually have to work for a living, how sad for them.
too true

Dudeman said:
um, no. PFT is not the media. They are an independant website that posts entertaining stories, some of which may be true. They are not like the Miami Herald, or the AP, or the PBP.

and you guys who keep complaining about their stories, STOP!

you are giving them exactly what they want: hits on their website. If you don't like the website, STOP GOING THERE! Its as simple as that.

I go to their website to put a smile on my face, because regardless of the percentage of the stories on there that are true, most are incredibly funny, and give me a good laugh. Whether the stories are true or not is besides the point. They are funny and entertaining. They were the first website to post about the Ron Mexico fiasco...(honestly Mr. Vick, Ron Mexico? you could of just used a rivals name....something like Derrick Brooks)

First off, I used a general term "media". And yes, they are making reports however non related, based off of "rumors". They are a form of media, just like other forms such as newspapers, etc. Also, I wasn't complaining about what they said at all. Merely making a statement about how the "media" is crying because they're not getting what they want, when they want. I could care less about what PFT says because I believe none of it.

So before you disagree with me, please read my original posting and see if I mentioned PFT directly. I stated media, as a general term, and about how I could care less that they don't like our coach. Thats all. Cool beans :D

Back
Top Bottom