PFT: Phins Intend to Select Manuel Wright | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT: Phins Intend to Select Manuel Wright

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
A league source tells us that the Miami Dolphins fully intend to select USC defensive tackle Manuel Wright in the July 14 supplemental draft.

Wright is six-foot-five and weighs 320 pounds. He has scored a 17 on the Wonderlic test, and he works out for scouts on July 8.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Looks like Wright has put on some weight. Anyway, it's something to talk about today.

EDIT: As of 6/10, GBN ceontends Wright is 302 pounds.

http://www.gbnreport.com/nextlevelreports.html

I wouldnt be surprised if we drafted him. We could use some youth along the dline, especially at DT.

I think at the very least, the Phins are seriously considering drafting him. We are very thin at DT. Plus our assistant DL coach coached this kid last year.

I don't think it's BS. I believe somebody actually told them what they're reporting. Whether this source is wrong or not, we'll find out. But I think where there's smoke, there's fire in this case.

Actually, given the secrecy around the Dolphins now, we might not find out.

im surpised PFT put that in rumors instead of calling it true and publishing it as an exclusive.

their site is pure crap, but of course everyone knows that.

We're obviously interested. But it's going to depend on how high a pick we'll have to give for him. If it's higher than a 3rd, I think Saban will definetly say forget it.

Hey Muck, do you think that we could possibly snag Manuel Wright for a 3rd or do you think that we would have to give up a 2nd?

Muck said:
I think at the very least, the Phins are seriously considering drafting him. We are very thin at DT.

I don't think it's BS. I believe somebody actually told them what they're reporting. Whether this source is wrong or not, we'll find out. But I think where there's smoke, there's fire in this case.

Actually, given the secrecy around the Dolphins now, we might not find out.
I totally agree that we will give him a very good look, and we are very thin at DT. I just think the report is BS. As tight lipped as we are in the front office and given the nature of the supplemental draft (secrecy involved in what round you submit a draft pick), I find it hard to believe any info was leaked from our F.O.

I really don't want to see us give up a 1st day pick for Wright. I'm hoping we can get him with a 4th.

First off, NS has said he is looking at virtually anyone available so if that is reported it wouldnt surprise me and it wouldnt seem like sonething "leaked", based on that fact.

But it would make sense not to talk about our heavy interest with this player due to how we would pick him up. the secrecy of the supp draft.

It seems wierd though "fully intend". Sounds like we will do whatever we have to draft him and im not sure if we will do that. Thats a good poll ques. WIll NS give a 2nd for Wright....

painnotpleasure said:
Hey Muck, do you think that we could possibly snag Manuel Wright for a 3rd or do you think that we would have to give up a 2nd?

I think a 2nd gets him for sure. A 3rd should also do the trick, since the only team with a better chance of getting him in that round is San Francisco, who plays a 3-4 defense.

Im hoping we can get wright with a 3rd and recoup the pick next year by dealing a vet whether it be ZT or whoever. That is, considering we're actually pursuing him and not just hyping him up like Saban did with every prospect prior to the draft.

If we could get him for a fourth I would be estatic. Seems unlikely with the draft 4 weeks away and his stock is already starting to skyrocket.

Back
Top Bottom