PFT: Raiders to Hire Kiffin | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT: Raiders to Hire Kiffin

tylerdolphin

More Smug than Birthday Dog
Club Member
Reaction score
Adam Schefter of NFLN reports that the Oakland Raiders will hire USC co-offensive coordinator Lane Kiffin to succeed Art Shell as head coach of the team.
Kiffin interviewed several days ago for the position of offensive coordinator in a regime that would have featured USC co-offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian as head coach. Sarkisian thereafter withdrew his name from consideration.
Apparently, Sarkisian will now interview to be the offensive coordinator of the Raiders.
From PFT
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

That's crazy... a lot of USC fans wanted Kiffin gone anyway.. and now Sarkisian is going to interview for the OC position after he withdrew from the HC offer? That's just confusing :lol:

That's crazy... a lot of USC fans wanted Kiffin gone anyway.. and now Sarkisian is going to interview for the OC position after he withdrew from the HC offer? That's just confusing :lol:
It is...WTH would he want to be the OC after turning down the HC position....and WTH would Oakland want a COLLEGE ASSISTANT OC?? Makes no sense, but the NFLN reporeded it according to PFT. :lol:

:confused2 I've seriously given up trying to understand this franchise...

funny how lane kiffin becomes one of the youngest NFL head coaches ever just like that while his dad still keeps turning down interviews. ;)

bullseyeguy said:
Now the Raiders will deny this rumor, blast Schefter in the media, and hire Kiffin the next day....

:lol:

It is...WTH would he want to be the OC after turning down the HC position....and WTH would Oakland want a COLLEGE ASSISTANT OC?? Makes no sense, but the NFLN reporeded it according to PFT. :lol:

He did say that he was never offered the job, I thought it was bs at time but maybe he was telling the truth. I like the move, the more assistants that leave USC potentially weakening their coaching staff the better :D

Christ what a joke of a franchise.

Not College HCs but assistants.

Raiders hire USC's Kiffin to replace Shell

The Oakland Raiders hired Lane Kiffin as their coach Monday night, making the 31-year-old Southern California offensive coordinator the NFL’s youngest head coach.

Kiffin, the son of Tampa Bay defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin, earned the job with a strong interview Monday after the Raiders failed to reach a deal last week with 32-year-old Steve Sarkisian, Kiffin’s fellow assistant to Pete Carroll at USC.

Raiders owner Al Davis quickly moved to land another up-and-coming offensive mind with sterling college credentials, but just one season of NFL experience  as a defensive quality control coach with Jacksonville in 2000.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16714220/

Al Davis is a joke and I feel for the Raider Nation. How the hell do any of these unproven commodities get picked over their DC Ryan is beyond me. The guy had the 3rd best defense in the league and did so with one of the worst offenses, on the other side, of all time. Al Davis is a moron and I hate to say this but the best thing for the Raider nation would be the demise of Al Davis.

did they even interview jim fassell or mike martz? 2 coaches with superbowl experience.

a college assistant coach is the best the could do?

Horrible job by Al but a typical Al move. Young offense coach that he can control. That all it is. Rex Ryan should of got the job. #3 defense in the league for a team who defense who was on the field the entire time.

Back
Top Bottom