PFT: Restrained Jubilation Among Staff | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT: Restrained Jubilation Among Staff

tylerdolphin

More Smug than Birthday Dog
Club Member
Reaction score
"RESTRAINED JUBILATION" IN SOUTH FLORIDA
In the immediate wake of Nick Saban's departure from the Miami Dolphins, the prevailing mood in the building is, to quote the doctor who informed George Costanza of his fiancé's demise, "restrained jubilation".
Make no mistake about it -- Saban was hated by nearly everyone in the building, with the most notable exception being his in-house spy and ball washer (especially when not golfing) Scott O'Brien.
And Saban surely knew it. Why else would he choose not to face his coaching staff and tell them in person that he was leaving? Instead, Saban let them know of the decision by phone, prompting some of the assistant coaches and veteran players to label him as a "f--king p-ssy".
Me-ow.
We're also hearing that Saban's wife had a big role in the final decision to leave Miami, which according to owner Wayne Huizenga was the result of various factors unrelated to money. "I've been through this with Nick for quite some time now," said Huizenga, who apparently was complicit with Saban in the string of flat denials regarding Saban's possible departure. "I feel the pain and so forth and so on of both Nick and Terry."
With Saban gone, there are plenty of folks in the franchise who are feeling anything but pain.
This is via PFT. I know its not a super credible source, considering it was in the rumor mill, but it was interesting.
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

With coach Nick Saban gone from Miami, there's an obvious question as to whether Dolphins G.M. Randy Mueller will remain with the team.
League and media sources tell us that Saban was planning to fire Mueller, who was hired by Saban in June 2005.
Other sources tell us that Mueller was miserable working for Saban, and that he and other members of the organization had been actively contemplating an exit strategy from a place that was being referred to within the building as "Stalag 13," due to Saban's management style.
Whether Saban's plans for Mueller have any impact on owner Wayne Huizenga remains to be seen, but it's likely that Huizenga knew that Saban intended to make a change.
another tidbit from PFT rumor mill

Well, nice to know some of our players and assistants have balls.

Well, nice to know some of our players and assistants have balls.

I'd call this more like whining like a *****. It would have taken balls to revolt and not stand for that sort of treatment if this were true.

this is like uncovering the watergate scandal...

There isn't a single thing I read there tha I don't take with a huge grain of salt, but it was the first place that I heard about Nick leaving two months ago, and he (Florio) never wavered.

You know what's funny, I went to the Houston game this year, and had seats right behind the bench. As they game progressed, I noticed that Saban was always alone on the sidelines. Nobody would talk to him, nobody would approach him, he would just pace back and forth like a caged tiger. It was as if they were all afraid of him. This took me by surprise at the time, and now after reading this, I know why I witnesses it in the first place. They all hated him.....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

I'd call this more like whining like a *****. It would have taken balls to revolt and not stand for that sort of treatment if this were true.

Nick is notorious as being tough to work for, though these assistants knew that going in. It may not have been abuse, but I don't doubt that they are relieved that that a**hole is gone. However, the players are not.

ESPN sports radio said Mrs. Saban was not happy with the atmosphere and "South Beach lifestyle" of Miami......yeah, I can just see her being happy in Tuscaloosa. :lol:

Nick is notorious as being tough to work for, though these assistants knew that going in. It may not have been abuse, but I don't doubt that they are relieved that that a**hole is gone. However, the players are not.

ummm. Taylor was never a fan to be honest. I know that. And hes the best player on the team.

No, that would be true if their comments were in reference to how he ran the team. The comments are in reference to the fact that he didn't have the stones to tell them he was leaving face to face. You can't revolt while he's on a plane out of town.

There isn't a single thing I read there tha I don't take with a huge grain of salt, but it was the first place that I heard about Nick leaving two months ago, and he (Florio) never wavered.

And I never wavered either. Funny how when "sources" print things many don't like (Saban leaving) they can't be trusted. When they print things many do like (Saban is a f***ing p****y) they can be relied upon for accuracy.

Bottom line is...when you believe you are right (like I did with Saban being in over his head), stick to your guns. Many people here said very bad things to me and about me, but I knew Saban wasn't cut out to lead this team.

ESPN sports radio said Mrs. Saban was not happy with the atmosphere and "South Beach lifestyle" of Miami......yeah, I can just see her being happy in Tuscaloosa. :lol:

Alabama has a beautiful campus. I used to work in Tuscaloosa. I owned a house there. It was a nice town.

Back
Top Bottom