PFT: Tom Brady to Miami rumors keep gaining steam | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT: Tom Brady to Miami rumors keep gaining steam

Would he be a better owner than Ross? That's all I care about. I know Brady is super competitive and would surely move mountains to build a winner. But, I like where we are now and I finally got used to Ross and even have come around to liking him. He has no problem spending big money on the team and the stadium and that's a very good thing. The team is in a good place. We've got a starting QB, Fitz, a better QB on the way, Tua and a Head Coach that can coach, Flo and a GM who has a chance in the coming months to remake our team in a big way. Just keep it going.

Im with yah but not necessarily for the cheating although now that you mention it I never took that into account. Makes sense.

ive just hated him for so long...

Serious question.

If many fans don't like Ross (and from what I read on this board that is a lot of folks here), what difference would it make to have Brady take over; someone whom they already don't like?

I suspect he would be a much better owner then many are willing to consider.

I'll speculate here and ask our fans how they would react if Brady and Manning joined forces (and money) and bought out Ross? Like them or not, those guys aren't idiots, they know and understand football from a players perspective and may have the financial resources, in concert with some other wealthy retired players, to be in a position to take this kind of financial challenge.

It would be fun seeing who they would want for their coaching staff!

Give that one some thought and see what you come up with. That should keep us busy till the draft!

Would he be a better owner than Ross? That's all I care about. I know Brady is super competitive and would surely move mountains to build a winner. But, I like where we are now and I finally got used to Ross and even have come around to liking him. He has no problem spending big money on the team and the stadium and that's a very good thing. The team is in a good place. We've got a starting QB, Fitz, a better QB on the way, Tua and a Head Coach that can coach, Flo and a GM who has a chance in the coming months to remake our team in a big way. Just keep it going.
You are making the assumption that Tua will be a Dolphin. Perhaps the Dolphins decide he is too much of an injury risk and decide to select another QB or pass a QB altogether in the first round. Personally I would prefer they build the OL and the defense and sign Bridgewater to be their long term starter.

Serious question.

If many fans don't like Ross (and from what I read on this board that is a lot of folks here), what difference would it make to have Brady take over; someone whom they already don't like?

I suspect he would be a much better owner then many are willing to consider.

I'll speculate here and ask our fans how they would react if Brady and Manning joined forces (and money) and bought out Ross? Like them or not, those guys aren't idiots, they know and understand football from a players perspective and may have the financial resources, in concert with some other wealthy retired players, to be in a position to take this kind of financial challenge.

It would be fun seeing who they would want for their coaching staff!

Give that one some thought and see what you come up with. That should keep us busy till the draft!
Ray - Always appreciate your comments but the future Dolphins owner is Bruce Beal (Mr Ross' business partner). Beal is also currently Vice Chairman of the Dolphins. In April 2016, Mr Ross stated that his Miami Dolphins ownership successor is Bruce Beal, who is around 50 yrs old. Ross is 79. Before making this statement, Stephen Ross formally nominated Beal as his successor of the team to the NFL and the NFL had to vet (evaluate) Beal and the other 31 NFL owners accepted him as Ross' successor. It should also be noted that Mr Ross recently said that he doesn't have any plans to sell the team.
Tom Brady and Peyton Manning were the greatest QBs of their generation and are both extremely wealthy but even when combined, they are not in Mr Ross' financial orbit (and he doesn't want to sell). According to the Forbes 400 of 2019, Mr Ross is actually the 66th wealthiest person on planet earth. Best hope is to offer a minority owner interest in the team (like Venus and Serena Williams, etc) if either is interested in getting involved in the Dolphins.

Last edited:
I keep waiting for the post that asks when Brady comes to Miami if he can wear #13

Ray - Always appreciate your comments but the future Dolphins owner is Bruce Beal (Mr Ross' business partner). Beal is also currently Vice Chairman of the Dolphins. In April 2016, Mr Ross stated that his Miami Dolphins ownership successor is Bruce Beal, who is around 50 yrs old. Ross is 79. Before making this statement, Stephen Ross had to formally nominate Beal as his successor of the team to the NFL and the NFL had to vet (evaluate) Beal and the other 31 NFL owners voted to accept him as Ross' successor. It should also be noted that Mr Ross recently said that he doesn't have any plans to sell the team.
Tom Brady and Peyton Manning were the greatest QBs of their generation and are both extremely wealthy but even when combined, they are not in Mr Ross' financial orbit (and he doesn't want to sell). According to the Forbes 400 of 2019, Mr Ross is actually the 66th wealthiest person on planet earth. Best hope is to offer a minority owner interest in the team (like Venus and Serena Williams, etc) if either is interested in getting involved in the Dolphins.

Good information. I wish I had known it before I posted.

Now that I have posted, I would follow up my initial thought that when I mentioned Manning joining forces with Brady I did mention some other wealthy NFL players might join them. If there were enough joiners and they brought in enough money, well, in the end money talks and the NFL does seem to like to keep things in the family.

Tom Brady as Dolphins owner is about as sure a thing; as me losing 50lbs and suddenly marrying Pamela Anderson!!! :funny:

Miami has a very legit and probable chance to within the span of one off-season, go from last to first with a load of draft picks, and a rediculously high salary cap.

Add to that if Brady were in Miami, he would have the most dangerous pass-catching talent he ever had in NE.

If it were true Brady is considering Miami, it's because he knows that if Miami hits on FA and The Draft, could be very possible, as the QB, he would be thought to be a legendary QB to Bring Miami back to the playoff...No thank you.

If Miami makes the playoffs, it's because they had an amazing off-season, not because they got a declining former great, but still overrated QB.

No. That guy has personally had a hand for the last 19yrs in keeping the Dolphins in the cellar and away from winning the AFC East. Could you imagine Marino going to the Jets or Patriots when he was in his last season. No. Seriously. Drop this Brady talk. Its beyond sad.

I hope he returns to the Patriots. Not because I think he would be able to win another SB but because with him as their QB next year they should be able to win enough games to prevent them from having a high draft pick in the 2021 draft. The worst case scenario would be for Brady to sign with another team and the Patriots tank the 2020 season so they can get the first pick in the 2021 draft. They would then be able to draft Lawrence and with Belichick as the HC and Lawrence as their QB, the Patriots would be set for another decade.

The Patriots have shown numerous times that they will do whatever it takes to win. Perhaps letting Brady leave and tanking the 2020 season to be able to draft Lawrence would fit right into the Patriot culture.

Back
Top Bottom