PFT: Traylor Close, Chester Could Retire | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFT: Traylor Close, Chester Could Retire

Muck

Now completely imaginary
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Yeah, I know. It's PFT. But it's something to talk about nonetheless.

TRAYLOR TO PARK IN MIAMI?

A league source tells us that the Miami Dolphins are close to signing defensive tackle Keith Traylor. Traylor recently was cut by New England, which needed to make room for 2004 first-rounder Vince Wilfork.

A wide-load by specialty, Traylor can help clog the middle of the line (and plenty of Dade County toilets) if/when the team dabbles with the 3-4 formation.

The Dolphins need Traylor because of injuries to guys like Tim Bowens and Larry Chester. Word is that Chester likely will be forced into retirement due to a lingering knee problem.

The only knee injury I've ever heard of is the ACL tear he suffered in Week 2 last year. I don't know how you'd designate that as "lingering", unless he's had knee problems before. And at 360+ pounds (for many parts of his career), he'd certainly be a candidate for knee problems. That or the injury just isn't healing like it should. If the injury is bad enough, you could certainly speculate.

I remember hearing that the trainers/doctors who saw Yatil Green after his first ACL tear in camp knew that his career was pretty much over right there.

Thoughts??

I dont believe the part about Chester retiring, but I like that Traylor seems close.

So yes, basically I believe the part I like. :)

Muck said:

The only knee injury I've ever heard of is the ACL tear he suffered in Week 2 last year. I don't know how you'd designate that as "lingering", unless he's had knee problems before. And at 360+ pounds (for many parts of his career), he'd certainly be a candidate for knee problems. But if the injury is bad enough, you could certainly speculate.

I remember hearing that the trainers/doctors who saw Yatil Green after his first ACL tear in camp knew that his career was pretty much over right there.

Thoughts??
I don't believe the Chester news. I read earlier this offseason that his injury has healing good and that he should be back. Tim Bowens on the other hand I could see retiring.

Maybe they confused Chester with Bowens.

Thats the only explanation I can think of. That, or PFT is just stupid.

rickysux said:
if bowens and chester retire were going to need more than traylor!
Not necessarily. It just means that Zgonina will probably be retained and Kevin Carter will see a lot of time at DT.

I hope that isn't true about Chester retiring. If we lose TimBo and Chester due to retirement, our D-Line will be in major trouble. I was hoping Chester was going to be a big part of our Rush D this year... I'm not going to believe it until it's official. I agree we are going to need a lot more than Traylor (no pun intended) if we end up losing both Bowens and Chester to retirement. Hope it isn't true.

CRAZYDOLFAN305 said:
I believe he broke his leg before, and always at high ankle problems..

He did. Broke that leg back in 2001. Played thru the healing process in 2002. Really was tough on him. Finally got healthy at the end of 2002. Just doesn't seem like we've had Chester going on 4 years now.

Nublar7 said:
Not necessarily. It just means that Zgonina will probably be retained and Kevin Carter will see a lot of time at DT.
Zgonina could be gone, and the keep Romero, and sign Traylor. However if someone else pops up after June 1st, Romero maybe gone as well. Thanks for the heads up Muck!

Muck said:

The only knee injury I've ever heard of is the ACL tear he suffered in Week 2 last year. I don't know how you'd designate that as "lingering", unless he's had knee problems before. And at 360+ pounds (for many parts of his career), he'd certainly be a candidate for knee problems. That or the injury just isn't healing like it should. If the injury is bad enough, you could certainly speculate.

Thoughts??
I could be wrong on this but Chester did miss 5 games with Carolina in 2001. If my memory is correct it was a knee injury that knocked him out then too; just not sure if it was ACL. Maybe you care to confirm this.

I think we'll end up with Traylor. As for June 1st, I think we'll find our starting free safety at that time. At least the starter heading into camp.

Boik14 said:
I could be wrong on this but Chester did miss 5 games with Carolina in 2001. If my memory is correct it was a knee injury that knocked him out then too; just not sure if it was ACL. Maybe you care to confirm this.

Twas a break of the left fibula (lower leg). Only minor/normal knee injuries that year.

Also, this is from KFFL.......

Dolphins | Chester feels great - from www.KFFL.com
Sun, 1 May 2005 11:10:33 -0700

The Miami Herald reports Miami Dolphins DT Larry Chester (knee) is feeling great as he recovers from knee surgery he had done September of 2004. He is running again and expects to be ''ready'' to compete around the time the Dolphins open training camp the third week of July. He has gained some weight which he now expects to lose before training camp.

Doesn't sound too gimpy to me. :)

I like the idea of Chester, Bowens and Traylor. I don't like the idea of Chester retiring. I don't see it happening.

Muck said:
Twas a break of the left fibula (lower leg). Only minor/normal knee injuries that year.

Also, this is from KFFL.......

Doesn't sound too gimpy to me. :)
Well it is PFT. i dont think theres reason to worry. Knowing those boneheads they probably got Cheter and Timbo confused and made some stuff up to make it sound feasible :lol:

Back
Top Bottom