PFW article on Chambers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFW article on Chambers

Golphindolphin

town drunk
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFL/AFC/AFC+East/Miami/Features/2003/wilkening100303.htm

"Dolphins WR Chris Chambers has come a long way in two seasons. As a rookie, he had to learn things like the proper stance for a receiver and how to beat bump-and-run coverage. Those are no longer worries for Chambers. Still, there are still times where Dolphins WR coach Robert Ford gets a chuckle from what his prize pupil is doing out there.

“Coming in [to the league], I was rounding off a couple of my routes like my comeback route and my curl route,†he said. “…I used to drop my arms and the DB would be able to be able to react on me quick because he’d know I was coming out of my route.

“Now I’m pumping [my arms], getting in and out of my routes quicker, and I’m making the other routes look like other routes, if that makes any sense. … I’m setting up defenders a lot better than I used to.â€Â"

I would love to see Jay hit him in stride after he runs a nice crisp post pattern this weekend.

Originally posted by JackMeehov
I would love to see Jay hit him in stride after he runs a nice crisp post pattern this weekend.

I would like to see Jay hit him in stride ANY weekend. It's like handing the most powerful gun in the world to someone who can't shoot straight.

He didn't have a solid TC, he had us wondering what was he going to be like this year. He's had a solid start to the regular season, one I hope he builds on week at week, until he peaks in the playoffs.

nice article - throw Chambers the damn ball !

someone has got to say it :D

Originally posted by dolphan39
nice article - throw Chambers the damn ball !

If they're smart, that would be their theme going into Sunday's game.. :D

Originally posted by ChambersOwnz84

If they're smart, that would be their theme going into Sunday's game.. :D
it will not be as much so as it was ag the Raiders last year when their CBs were hurt, but CC should get the ball lots if he is in one-on-one coverage

Back
Top Bottom