PFW Insider Mock Has Us Taking....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFW Insider Mock Has Us Taking.......

Boomer

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Cedric Benson at 2. This is a mock made up after conversations with polled GM's etc.

It also says that we will take Alex Smith if the 49ers don't, but as I've been saying for weeks now, Smith really IS the guy that San Francisco want.

Will Boomer ,Saban did say he would pick BPA

How many people think that Beason is the BPA?not me

:shakeno:

B.Edwards should be 2nd pick if not the first pick in the Draft.imo

mia4ever said:
Will Boomer ,Saban did say he would pick BPA

How many people think that Beason is the BPA?not me

:shakeno:

B.Edwards should be 2nd pick if not the frist pick in the Draft.imo

Not me either, but then I don't believe anything Saban says at the moment.

Boomer said:
Not me either, but then I don't believe anything Saban says at the moment.
You nailed it with that statement Boomer.

Alex Smith seems to be the flavor of the week among the mock drafts.Before that it was Benson and then Brown after the combines.

I would not be surprised to see the Niners draft Smith.The question is would Saban draft Rodgers?.He seems to have been overlooked somewhat in the Fins radar.

Boomer,

If the 49'ers pick Smith. Do you think Cleveland will pick Rodgers? (provided we don't) And do you think that would help or hurt our chances of trading down?

Who who who...who does PFW have us taking, The artful way I was drawn to open this thread is un-canny so who..ah forget it I 've lost interest already.

Hey I heard that....

Danny1339 said:
Who who who...who does PFW have us taking, The artful way I was drawn to open this thread is un-canny so who..ah forget it I 've lost interest already.

Hey I heard that....

read the original post again and you may.....may....spot something.

FrostyFinFan said:
Boomer,

If the 49'ers pick Smith. Do you think Cleveland will pick Rodgers? (provided we don't) And do you think that would help or hurt our chances of trading down?

I think the Browns might well deal for Simms and even if they don't, I'm not sold that they are sold on Rodgers. If they don't take him, Tampa might.

Boomer said:
I think the Browns might well deal for Simms and even if they don't, I'm not sold that they are sold on Rodgers. If they don't take him, Tampa might.
Its odd how in the last few weeks the top of the Draft was Rodgers, only to now have him falling somewhere around 5 - 8 in the draft....

He was a pretty solid top 5 guy for such a long time. Even SF was sending his signal through the combine.

Boomer, what if Saban thinks he can get C. Williams at a lower pick...by talking up the other players. Here's my best guess....Saban is working Detroit...and so is Edwards just today....Detroit and the Dolphins trade...why....because Detroit has lost faith in their Receiver Rodgers...and feel Edwards would be the receiver he hasn't been. The Dolphins get Detroit's 10th, 41st and 113th pick this year and their 2nd and 4th next year....and while some here may feel it isn't enough...I guess sometimes you have to take alittle less to fit your plan...and I believe Saban has always had a plan. So IF I was a betting man...I'd bet these players are very possible at 10...C. Willaims, Merriman and A. Rodgers. If the 49ers take Smith...A. Rodgers will fall....same with Smith...if they take Rodgers...one is going to fall...and you just never know...if he'll fall to the Dolphins. I believe Merriman would be the better selection now and in the future...but Saban will make that choice...and we all hope he choose's wisely. GO PHINS!

Lions | Michigan's Edwards Would Love to Play In Detroit
Sat, 9 Apr 2005 08:48:08 -0700

Updating a previous report, Curt Sylvester, of the Detroit Free Press, reports Michigan WR Braylon Edwards could not hide his enthusiasm when the possibility of playing for his hometown Detroit Lions arose during a pre-draft visit with the team Friday, April 8. "I'm from Detroit, played at Michigan," Edwards said. "So if I went to Detroit, that would be right up my alley, right down the street. If I play here in front of my hometown, there would be a lot of support and it would be a lot of fun." However, barring a trade, it is highly unlikely Edwards would slip to the Lions, who hold the No. 10 overall selection in the draft.

Do you think Tampa might be interested enough in Rodgers to trade up for Miami's pick if SF takes Smith? If not Tampa, is anyone else enamored with Rodgers that may want to trade up when they find out SF intention to take Smith?

DOLFANMIKE said:
Its odd how in the last few weeks the top of the Draft was Rodgers, only to now have him falling somewhere around 5 - 8 in the draft....

He was a pretty solid top 5 guy for such a long time. Even SF was sending his signal through the combine.

This is how the draft game is played mate. There is so much BS and conjecture that goes on and then when the draft actually happens and it doesn't go the way the majority of fans called it, players are called reaches, when the reality is that the way it ends up is the way that teams scripted it and it's the fans that are the dopes.

Rodgers could still go 1, but not from what I hear. He could go to Cleveland but if you are Romeo Crennell do you take a guy who has started in the league and may cost you only a 3 or a 4, or take a junior with the #3 overall, when you could have Simms and then add an Edwards or whatever?

I don't see Tampa selecting a QB early...they re-signed Griese and they have Simms...they have other needs to fill.

i don't think Saban is interested in a QB at all. That's why he signed Gus Frerotte. If he was planning on drafting a QB wouldn't it be wise to let rosenfels/smith/feeley battle out for the starting job? He just had lunch with Alex smith to scare the Cleveland browns in hopes they will trade up to the #2 spot to get a quarterback. Thats my theory, but with saban at helm NONE of us know.

Back
Top Bottom