PFW Thinks Miami May Take Jacob Rogers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFW Thinks Miami May Take Jacob Rogers

FinFan57

Practice Squad
Reaction score
The following was posted this eveing in the ESPN chat. Nolan Nawrocki is from PFW. Interesting comments about Shawn Andrews and Miami seems quite interested in Jacob Rogers.

Chester (Juneau, AK): Hey Nolan -- Is Shawn Andrews really going to slide to #20? And if so, will Miami pull the trigger or take someone else or trade down? Thank you, sir!

Nolan Nawrocki: (6:04 PM ET ) Some teams downgraded Andrews for a back injury that showed up at his physical at the Combine. He was diagnosed with a herniated disk in high school, received and epidural and said he never felt pain again, but there could still be an issue there that could cause him to slip on Draft Day. He has impressed scouts by dropping weight since the end of the season, but one of the biggest fears of OL coaches is having to coach a player who is too undisciplined to control his weight. Based on his game tape, Andrews is a top 15 talent with Pro Bowl potential, but he may still be available at No. 20 because of the aforementioned other factors. As for the Dolphins, past injuries are a concern with USC OT Jacob Rogers too, but I've heard they have him rated very high on their draft board.

5. Jacob Rogers OT 6-5 305 Southern California
There is a dropoff from the top four to this spot, in my opinion. Jacob Rogers is a player that plays with a lot of tenacity. He is a very tough hombre with a great work ethic. He has really improved his game a lot since his freshman season. The thing I see about Rogers is that he is a player that is good in a lot of things but isn't great at any one thing. He's a solid, wall off type of run blocker who may lack the overall power to be a right tackle in the NFL. He's a solid pass protector that may lack the foot quickness to be a left tackle in the NFL. He has no experience as a guard, so it is hard to project him to the guard spot. Something about his game screams swing tackle to me, but a guy with this kind of tenacity and work ethic will eventually find his way into a starting line up at some position. He may eventually be moved to guard and become a player who could play tackle in a pinch if needed.

http://www.phinzone.com/olanalysis.htm

Doesn't sound like someone we should waste our first round pick on. sounds like a jamar fletcher type guy.

someone who is not awful, not great, just mediocre or good.

I'm still convinced the answer is Andrews or Smiley!!!

"There is no overstating this: Fiedler did not merely erase all those dumb Miami penalties and all those gaping holes on a suddenly choking Miami defense. He did not merely render moot Brian Griese's bad decisions and render mute those fire-Wannstedt chants (albeit until the next loss). He did not merely provide a spark and hope and a flabbergasting burst of instant offense.

No, what he did Sunday night was nothing less than save the whole stinking season."

:confused:

Who said that and what season was it that Jay Fiedler saved?

Originally posted by Pope Shula XIV
"There is no overstating this: Fiedler did not merely erase all those dumb Miami penalties and all those gaping holes on a suddenly choking Miami defense. He did not merely render moot Brian Griese's bad decisions and render mute those fire-Wannstedt chants (albeit until the next loss). He did not merely provide a spark and hope and a flabbergasting burst of instant offense.

No, what he did Sunday night was nothing less than save the whole stinking season."

:confused:

Who said that and what season was it that Jay Fiedler saved?

Miami journalist after the redskins game last season

I was wondering the same thing about that qoute.

I'll cry if rogers is our pick @ 20. Like u said good player in all, but not what we need at this time.

Now that'd be a reach.I'd rather take Snee in the 2nd round or even Starks but only to play RT as I don't want a 6'7 guard.

Ozzy rules!!

jamie nails is 6`6 and we had no problems with the passing lanes

Originally posted by TheBostonBomber
I'll cry if rogers is our pick @ 20. Like u said good player in all, but not what we need at this time.

Relax, Bomber, there's no way we're taking him at 20. If the FO wants him, they'll trade down.

Nolan Nawrocki: (6:04 PM ET ) Some teams downgraded Andrews for a back injury that showed up at his physical at the Combine. He was diagnosed with a herniated disk in high school, received and epidural and said he never felt pain again, but there could still be an issue there that could cause him to slip on Draft Day. He has impressed scouts by dropping weight since the end of the season, but one of the biggest fears of OL coaches is having to coach a player who is too undisciplined to control his weight. Based on his game tape, Andrews is a top 15 talent with Pro Bowl potential, but he may still be available at No. 20 because of the aforementioned other factors. As for the Dolphins, past injuries are a concern with USC OT Jacob Rogers too, but I've heard they have him rated very high on their draft board.

I'm going to pretend I didn't read that until I get confirmation from a more reliable source. If Andrews has a herniated disc that showed up in his combine physical, thats a serious problem...explains why he's falling even while he continues to lose weight. Thats the same problem Daryl Gardener had with us and if you remember, it was a nightmare for Miami.

Back
Top Bottom