PFW's review of 04 draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

PFW's review of 04 draft

I think Pope can be eventual starter, he showed a lot of potential last year, and to have a great Special Teams player is very underrated IMO,

Hadnot could probably start soon and be a good one too, Pape is over in Europe playing very well from what i have heard so far, probably not ever i starter though but you never know

Carey will improve with an improved oline and an amazing coach in HH

all in all it wasnt that bad of a draft after all IMO

I think Pope can be eventual starter, he showed a lot of potential last year, and to have a great Special Teams player is very underrated IMO,

Hadnot could probably start soon and be a good one too, Pape is over in Europe playing very well from what i have heard so far, probably not ever i starter though but you never know

Carey will improve with an improved oline and an amazing coach in HH

all in all it wasnt that bad of a draft after all IMO
THANKYOU!!!:cooldude:

dlphns8405 said:
yes you can start on st, if you're the teams best ST player than you're a starter
and yes pope will be zachs eventual replacement, he was a rookie last year and for a rookie did an awsome job, forcing fumbles, posting 10+ tackles in games and even scoring a TD.
we'll have to agree to disagree about the STs. I do not consider Bua a starter because he 'starts' on STs. He is a backup safety.

Zach is too small for Saban's D, Pope is 3lbs heavier than Zach but smaller in stature. For a rookie he came in and did a solid job, but he got murdered against the Pats, and yes he put up 10+ tackles a game, but teams were running all over us and the MLB should get those kind of numbers.

I aint cussing Derrick, I just don't think he'll ever start for us.

we'll have to agree to disagree about the STs. I do not consider Bua a starter because he 'starts' on STs. He is a backup safety.
ok
Zach is too small for Saban's D, Pope is smaller than Zach. For a rookie he came in and did a solid job, but he got murdered against the Pats, and yes he put up 10+ tackles a game, but teams were running all over us and the MLB should get those kind of numbers.
i can also except that too but i still think that if you get the job done you will play, small or big, and he will only inprove with time and good coaching.

BringBackShula said:
Our 2nd round pick would have served us WAAAY Better if we'd used it in the draft instead of on AJ FEELEY.

That's the second-rounder from this year's draft, not last year's. Didn't we trade our second-round pick from the 2004 draft back in 2003 to New England so we could get New England's third-rounder and use it on Wade Smith? And didn't New England end up trading that pick to Cincy for Corey Dillon?

Excuse me while I :barf:

Wanny sure made some great draft day selections.

finsnchips said:

Zach is too small for Saban's D, Pope is 3lbs heavier than Zach but smaller in stature. For a rookie he came in and did a solid job, but he got murdered against the Pats, and yes he put up 10+ tackles a game, but teams were running all over us and the MLB should get those kind of numbers.

I aint cussing Derrick, I just don't think he'll ever start for us.

I like Pope alot more than Moore! Pope will start, Poole was a steal, Bua ST and backup safety, Hadnot, Carey and Pape will all be evaluated/coached played appropriately by HH. Carey was a reach and we'd have loved to have the 2nd round pick, but overall not bad. Seems we're good at finding later round gems (Zach, JT, Poole, Pope, McMike, even Chambers was 2nd round) , we've just been getting nothing out of our early picks lately. Hopefully, that changes this year.

Back
Top Bottom