‘Phil is just showing up’ with Lakers, ’Zo says | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

‘Phil is just showing up’ with Lakers, ’Zo says

Junc and I aren't arguing, he just has a problem with people who don't agree with his view. Me? I don't give a **** about who's better, I just enjoy the discussion.

Junc says he isn't great, others say he is. Who cares who is right or wrong?

I don't have a problem w/ anyone. I present my case and I think I do a better job than most at presenting a case. It's fun debating these topics and we all learn new things during these debates. Why do people get so flustered by them?

I don't have a problem w/ anyone. I present my case and I think I do a better job than most at presenting a case. It's fun debating these topics and we all learn new things during these debates. Why do people get so flustered by them?

Eh who knows. People stick to their opinions and sometimes just won't see any other way around it (not singling anyone out here). This happens especially when it's about something a person is passionate about (in this case, sports).

I don't learn from trolls, but i am guilty of being drawn in by them on occasion, which is evident by this discussion.

Your whole argument is that Zo never won a title, so I presented you with a list of greats who also haven't, you then switched to 'well Zo hasn't made the finals.'

I then claimed Zo is a top 5 center of the 90s, you said no he isn't. I made you a list backing my claim, you then say Mourning isn't close to Mutombo, I provided stats that show they were extremely close and an argument can be made either way, your retort is that Mutombo didn't carry his team.. wouldn't that make Zo more valuable? Considering he was the focal point of his team and he lead his team to the playoffs more often than Mutombo's teams whom he didn't even have to carry?

Stick to egging on Dolphin homers it's what you do best. :dolphins:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't learn from trolls, but i am guilty of being drawn in by them on occasion, which is evident by this discussion.

Your whole argument is that Zo never won a title, so I presented you with a list of greats who also haven't, you then switched to 'well Zo hasn't made the finals.'

I then claimed Zo is a top 5 center of the 90s, you said no he isn't. I made you a list backing my claim, you then say Mourning isn't close to Mutombo, I provided stats that show they were extremely close and an argument can be made either way, your retort is that Mutombo didn't carry his team.. wouldn't that make Zo more valuable? Considering he was the focal point of his team and he lead his team to the playoffs more often than Mutombo's teams whom he didn't even have to carry?

Stick to egging on Dolphin homers it's what you do best. :dolphins:

Apparently you don't read my posts b/c you don't understand what my argument has been. I highlighted the fact that w/ Zo as the main guy Miami never even made a Finals app and only made ONE conf finals thanks to their opponent having half it's team suspended for the final few games. he has also been on just TWO all-NBA teams, was supposedly a great defensive player but was also on just TWO all-D teams and one of the all NBA/All D years was the lockout shortened season so he only made one all d and all NBA team during full seasons.

He was a GOOD player not great. I understand Heat fans will think differently b/c they have an emotional attachment to the guy but sepearte yourself from that and you'll see that it i clear the guy wasn't a great player.

You claimed Zo was top 5 then showed 5 guys that were better than him. He's not close to Mutombo b/c Mutombo was a great defensive player, ZO wasn't great in any area and the # of all-NBA, all-D, DPOYs favors Mutombo by a wide margin.

My retort wasn't Mutombo didn't carry his team it was that teams weren't built around Mutombo while Miami foolishly built around Zo. Had Zo been a complimenatry player I think he would have been better than Mutombo but he was the focal point. You can't rewrite history.

What I do best on this board is debating these topics and presenting evidence to support my arguments. I am the minority here so I am always attacked but that doesn't change the fact that I do a good job of backing up my arguments. Ask any non-Heat fan to judge this debate and it would be clear who got the better of it.

Your posts are read, it's just that a lot of the time you're disagreed with.

I have no problem w/ people disagreeing w/ me but they better back up their arguments b/c you know I'll back my argument up.

Back
Top Bottom