‘Phil is just showing up’ with Lakers, ’Zo says | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

‘Phil is just showing up’ with Lakers, ’Zo says

Junc are you a Nets fan? You sound bitter. I know Zo dissed that team.

Alonzo is a great player.. a legendary defender. He didn't win a title in his prime.. so what? He's not the first great player who hasn't and won't be the last.

Junc are you a Nets fan? You sound bitter. I know Zo dissed that team.

Alonzo is a great player.. a legendary defender. He didn't win a title in his prime.. so what? He's not the first great player who hasn't and won't be the last.

I am a Net fan but I'm not bitter, I just don't like the guy. He was always an overrated player, he's a nice complimentary player but could never be the focal point of a team.

"legendary defender"?:lol: Maybe against Chris Dudley but against real C's he wasn't.

Many great players haven't won titles in their prime but he didn't even make a Finals app and if not for half the Knick team being suspended he wouldn't have made a Conf Finals.

I am a Net fan but I'm not bitter, I just don't like the guy. He was always an overrated player, he's a nice complimentary player but could never be the focal point of a team.

"legendary defender"?:lol: Maybe against Chris Dudley but against real C's he wasn't.

Many great players haven't won titles in their prime but he didn't even make a Finals app and if not for half the Knick team being suspended he wouldn't have made a Conf Finals.

You're right, he's a two time DPOY and top 10 in blocks despite missing a couple of years due to his illness and becoming a backup afterwards. You really don't sound bitter at all...

You're right, he's a two time DPOY and top 10 in blocks despite missing a couple of years due to his illness and becoming a backup afterwards. You really don't sound bitter at all...

Legendary defender is stretching it, don't you think? 2 time DPOY w/ one of those years being the lockout shortened season.

Ben Wallace has won it twice, is he legendary?

Mutombo 4 times, is he legendary?

Mark Eaton won it twice, is he legendary?

I understand fans overrated their players but come on. Alonzo was a good player, never a star, never a guy who could win as a teams top option.

Sheesh. He's 6th all-time blocks per game average (2.85) 10th all time in total blocks but please consider he played 300-500 less games than nearly everyone else in the top 10.. so one of the best shot blockers in history.

Still not legendary in any aspect other than stealing money from multiple franchises.

Still not legendary in any aspect other than stealing money from multiple franchises.

:chuckle: yeah, you're not a bitter Nets fan.

Zo was a 20/10 player in his prime. He wasn't someone you could lean on offensively but he was a difference maker. He's the reason Miami stayed competitive for so many years, the Heat only knew what losing was until Zo arrived.

If you'd forgotten, the Heat had to contend with the Bulls, who dominated that era of basketball.

He wasn't a great player, no - just a 7X all star 2x DPOY, 2x ALL-NBA, and 1x NBA champion, if you think he wasn't a difference maker in those finals you should go back and watch again.

Last edited by a moderator:
:chuckle: yeah, you're not a bitter Nets fan.

Zo was a 20/10 player in his prime. He wasn't someone you could lean on offensively but he was a difference maker. He's the reason Miami stayed competitive for so many years, the Heat only knew what losing was until Zo arrived.

If you'd forgotten, the Heat had to contend with the Bulls, who dominated that era of basketball.

He wasn't a great player, no - just a 7X all star 2x DPOY, 2x ALL-NBA, and 1x NBA champion, if you think he wasn't a difference maker in those finals you should go back and watch again.

My original post got deleted yesterday. I'll try to post the same thing.

Zo was a 20/10 player just FOUR times in his career. His prime last about 10 years. Is that HOF caliber?

7 time all-star? see list below of guys who have made at least 7 all-star games:

JoJo White
Tracy McGrady
Louie Dampier
Yao Ming
Mel Daniels
Jack Sikma
Chet Walker
Larry Foust 8
Dikembe Mutombo 8

2 time DPOY(one being in lockout shortened season). Other multiple DPOY award winners

-Sidney Moncrief
-Mark Eaton
-Ben Wallace
-Dikembe 4x

2 times all-NBA. Only one time first team and again it was the lockout shortened season.

1 time NBA Champion riding the coattails of Shaq and Wade. They would have won w/ or w/o him. He was along for the ride.

wow this thread is seriously going on for too long lol ... lets keep it going !!when will the nets win a championship ???

wow this thread is seriously going on for too long lol ... lets keep it going !!when will the nets win a championship ???

The Nets have 2 Championships(ABA) and made 2 finals apps this decade but weren't lucky enough to run into Dallas and instead faced the lakers and Spurs.

The Nets have 2 Championships(ABA) and made 2 finalls apps this decade but weren't lucky enough to run into Dallas and instead faced the lakers and Spurs.

Once Vince Carter is gone I believe the Nets will be a better team. With a guy like Devin Harris to build around and a solid C in Brook Lopez, the Nets future looks decent IMO.

Once Vince Carter is gone I believe the Nets will be a better team. With a guy like Devin Harris to build around and a solid C in Brook Lopez, the Nets future looks decent IMO.

Lopez is really good, I was shocked and happy when he fell to the Nets. I like Vince and he ahs chancged his game over the years but his contract is holding them back a bit. I think the Nets have alot of young talent and will be a playoff team next year(7-8 seed type).

My original post got deleted yesterday. I'll try to post the same thing.

Zo was a 20/10 player just FOUR times in his career. His prime last about 10 years. Is that HOF caliber?

7 time all-star? see list below of guys who have made at least 7 all-star games:

JoJo White
Tracy McGrady
Louie Dampier
Yao Ming
Mel Daniels
Jack Sikma
Chet Walker
Larry Foust 8
Dikembe Mutombo 8

2 time DPOY(one being in lockout shortened season). Other multiple DPOY award winners

-Sidney Moncrief
-Mark Eaton
-Ben Wallace
-Dikembe 4x

2 times all-NBA. Only one time first team and again it was the lockout shortened season.

1 time NBA Champion riding the coattails of Shaq and Wade. They would have won w/ or w/o him. He was along for the ride.

Come on man, you're bitter as hell. You're a hater, got it. Doesn't change the fact that Zo that he's Riley's favorite player..all time.. said it himself. But he's overrated, kinda like your Jets!

Lopez is really good, I was shocked and happy when he fell to the Nets. I like Vince and he ahs chancged his game over the years but his contract is holding them back a bit. I think the Nets have alot of young talent and will be a playoff team next year(7-8 seed type).

They still need a SG and to give Anderson more playing time and a little depth on the bench but in the East, they can get in.

Back
Top Bottom