‘Phil is just showing up’ with Lakers, ’Zo says | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

‘Phil is just showing up’ with Lakers, ’Zo says

By the way Junc, since you like team success so much, you should probably include that in your argument.. for Zo and DM's success. You can't only use that criteria when it's convenient to your argument, like you've done with individual achievement awards.., hater.

Ok guys. List Mutumbo's and Mourning's stats as well as their team's records each year they played and how many/if any playoff games were won. Then include individual awards and then I believe we'll come to who is the better player.

Ok guys. List Mutumbo's and Mourning's stats as well as their team's records each year they played and how many/if any playoff games were won. Then include individual awards and then I believe we'll come to who is the better player.

Sure, here's the stats.

92-93 - Mutombo Games 82 Minutes 37.
14 pts 13 rebs 3.5 blocks FG% 51

(Rookie) 92-93 - Mourning Games 78 Minutes 34
21 pts 10 rebs 3.5 blocks FG% 51

93-94 - Mutombo Games 82 Minutes 34
12 pts 12 rebs 4 blocks FG% 57

93-94 - Mourning Games 60 Minutes 34
21.5 pts 10 rebs 3 blocks FG% 50

94-95 - Mutombo Games 82 Minutes 38
11.5 pts 12.5 rebs 4.0 blocks FG% 55.

94-95 - Mourning Games 77 Minutes 38
21 pts 10 rebs 3 blocks FG% 52

95-96 - Mutombo Games 74 Minutes 37
11 pts 12 rebs 4.5 blocks FG% 50

95-96 - Mourning Games 70 Minutes 38
23 pts 10.5 rebs 3 blocks FG% 52

96-97 - Mutombo Games 80 Minutes 37
13 pts 12 rebs 3 blocks FG% 53

96-97 - Mourning Games 65 Minutes 35
20 pts 10 rebs 3 blocks FG% 53

97-98 - Mutombo Games 82 Minutes 36
13 pts 11 rebs 3 blocks FG% 54

97-98 - Mourning Games 58 Minutes 33
19 pts 10 rebs 2 blocks FG% 55

98-99 - Mutomobo Games 50 Minutes 37
11 pts 12 rebs 3 blocks FG% 51

98-99 - Mourning Games 46 Minutes 38
20 pts 11 rebs 4 blocks FG% 51

99-00 - Mutombo Games 82 Minutes 36
11.5 pts 14 rebs 3 blocks FG% 56

99-00 - Mourning Games 78 Minutes 35
22 pts 10 rebs 4 blocks FG % 55

Zo helped the Hornets get to the playoffs 2-3 years before he joined Miami. When he joined Miami they were 18 games under .500. The Heat didn't miss the playoffs once in the 90s once Zo arrived and posted a few 50+ win seasons and 60 win season however they often made early round exits. 3 playoff series won and 4 1st round exits with the Heat.

Mutombo made the playoffs with the Nuggets 2 of the 5 years he was with them. One 50+ win season, and one playoff series won. He then joined Atlanta, already a playoff team of 4 consecutive years, they got 10 wins better in Mutombos first year and made the playoffs 3 of the 4 seasons he was there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job boys... Nyjunc doesn't like Zo, all good, but back to title of topic, Phil is the man and to win 10 championships in this era of free agency and all other intangibles...mmmJORDAN... shows he definately is the leader and knows how to get the most from his team, he definately doesn't just "show" up.. at least not since MJ retired, j/k!

What the.. "These two aren't close."? Time to wake up and sniff the smelling salts, you're in fantasy land. And you actually bring up Mutombo's individual achievements - but when it's convenient to you it's ok right?

Zo's peak was higher, Mutombo had the longevity. Zo was the bigger offensive threat, always. Defensively it's a wash. I'd love for you to explain to me how it wasn't close outside of a couple of individual achievment awards.

As for team success, i'm not going to argue in circles with you about that. Your logic is just silly to me. You have to make a finals (even if you never win it) to be considered great.. Well, what is defined as "great" is open to interpretation, and we could argue all day about it and get no where, so lets not waste eachothers time.

Zo was a better offensive player but Mutombo was a dominat defnesive player. Mutombo had the better career and was the better player.

You don't have to win anything to be considered great but you have to elevate your team, he had teams that had Finals level talent and he only led them to one conf finals thanks to the opponent getting suspended.

By the way Junc, since you like team success so much, you should probably include that in your argument.. for Zo and DM's success. You can't only use that criteria when it's convenient to your argument, like you've done with individual achievement awards.., hater.

Mutombo was never a player a team built around, Zo was. I think Zo would have had a better career than Mutombo IF he was a complimentary player like Mutombo but he was a player Riley built around and it was proven they couldn't win building around him.

Zo was a better offensive player but Mutombo was a dominat defnesive player. Mutombo had the better career and was the better player.

You don't have to win anything to be considered great but you have to elevate your team, he had teams that had Finals level talent and he only led them to one conf finals thanks to the opponent getting suspended.

Mutombo was never a player a team built around, Zo was. I think Zo would have had a better career than Mutombo IF he was a complimentary player like Mutombo but he was a player Riley built around and it was proven they couldn't win building around him.

If one was a better offensive player and the other a better defensive player, how does one choose which had the better career? If anything I'd say they both had great careers in different ways (Offensivly for one, defensively for another).

If one was a better offensive player and the other a better defensive player, how does one choose which had the better career? If anything I'd say they both had great careers in different ways (Offensivly for one, defensively for another).

Mutombo was a dominant defensive player, Zo was a decent offensive player.

Mutombo was a dominant defensive player, Zo was a decent offensive player.

This is a comparison of the two former centers. DM being better defensively as that was his game, AM being better offensively and was also good defensively as well.

As far as who had the better career, to me it depends on what you're looking for the player to bring to your team. If you want a defensive player who can score on occasion like a Ben Wallace, you for for Mutombo. If you want a guy who can score and play defense, you go with AM.

It all depends on what you're looking for.

This is a comparison of the two former centers. DM being better defensively as that was his game, AM being better offensively and was also good defensively as well.

As far as who had the better career, to me it depends on what you're looking for the player to bring to your team. If you want a defensive player who can score on occasion like a Ben Wallace, you for for Mutombo. If you want a guy who can score and play defense, you go with AM.

It all depends on what you're looking for.

I think Mourning was a better all around player BUT he was counted on to be a star player and he clearly wasn't capable of that. Mutombo had the better career b/c he was used better, he was never a top option, never a guy a team built around but Miami made the mistake of building around Mourning when he needed to be a complimentary player.

I think Mourning was a better all around player BUT he was counted on to be a star player and he clearly wasn't capable of that. Mutombo had the better career b/c he was used better, he was never a top option, never a guy a team built around but Miami made the mistake of building around Mourning when he needed to be a complimentary player.

Understood. But is it Mourning's fault the Heat billed them as the franchise player even if he wasn't equipped to fill that role?

My goodness......how much time can a person waste arguing semantics? He was a great player for Heat fans....not so much for Nets fans.

He wasn't a great player, heat fans may have loved him but that doesn't make him great.

My goodness......how much time can a person waste arguing semantics? He was a great player for Heat fans....not so much for Nets fans.

Junc and I aren't arguing, he just has a problem with people who don't agree with his view. Me? I don't give a **** about who's better, I just enjoy the discussion.

Junc says he isn't great, others say he is. Who cares who is right or wrong?

Back
Top Bottom