Philadelphia Eagles | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philadelphia Eagles

PAfinfan63069

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I live very close to Philadelphia and unfortunately get to listen to Eagles banter all season long. I have been a Dolphins fan for almost 30 years now and I admit these are not the best of times. You guys that whine and cry everytime Miami doesn't go and get the "big" name free agent need to chill out. The PERFECT example are the Eagles from last season. They have built most of their team through the draft and got lucky, I believe, that Vick has played as well as he did so far and stayed healthy. They were very close to knocking off the Packers two years ago and going to the Super Bowl. So they go out and spend millions and millions of dollars on a bunch of free agents, with BIG egos as well, and where did they go - NOWHERE !!! Not even in the playoffs !!! And if it wasn't for beating 4 bad teams, yes the Dolphins were one of them unfortunately, they would not have even been close to 8-8. They should have been 6-10 after signing all of those big free agents and adding them to an already darn good team. Going out and spending the most money doesn't always mean that you are the winner in the offseason. More times than not it gets you nowhere fast. Yes I am dissapointed that they didn't get Peyton or Flynn but honestly are there any guarantees Manning stays healthy and Flynn is really any good??? I cannot blame the Dolphins for not going after either one really aggressively, although I know they wanted Peyton pretty bad, but he never really had Miami in his plans from day one in my opinion. Chill out , see what transpires, and then hopefully they make the necessary moves in the next couple of years to fill in the holes. But spending tons of money for all the "big" name free agents is NOT the answer!

Back
Top Bottom