Philbin Calling Plays | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philbin Calling Plays

BahamaFinFan78

Active Roster
Reaction score
profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/06/joe-philbin-hasnt-called-plays-since-1996-at-northeastern-univer

I can't fault Philbin too much. I think he has a good football mind. Here in Miami he went 7-9, 8-8, 8-8 with Ireland at GM making personnel decisions and an underwhelming QB at the helm is somewhat impressive to me.

He was overruled drafting Carr. Coaches usually live and die by the play of their QB so if the coach is denied the QB they are asking for then I reserve some judgement. Like Parcells said, ''If they want you to cook the dinner, at least they ought to let you shop for some of the groceries.''

I think Philbin's biggest issue is he comes across as socially awkward which doesn't make him a natural leader. If the coach isn't a natural leader then he better have one at QB which he didn't. I think he might do well having Rodgers at QB since he clearly fills the leadership role.

If Rodgers rolled his eyes at McCarthy's playcalls, what do you think he will do when the milquetoast whispers into the headset on Sunday?

I'm actually pretty curious how this plays out. Might be pretty funny if GB lights it up this week.

I can't fault Philbin too much. I think he has a good football mind. Here in Miami he went 7-9, 8-8, 8-8 with Ireland at GM making personnel decisions and an underwhelming QB at the helm is somewhat impressive to me.

He was overruled drafting Carr. Coaches usually live and die by the play of their QB so if the coach is denied the QB they are asking for then I reserve some judgement. Like Parcells said, ''If they want you to cook the dinner, at least they ought to let you shop for some of the groceries.''

I think Philbin's biggest issue is he comes across as socially awkward which doesn't make him a natural leader. If the coach isn't a natural leader then he better have one at QB which he didn't. I think he might do well having Rodgers at QB since he clearly fills the leadership role.

He was overruled by Hickey from what I remember but didnt he also choose Tannehill?

Carr isnt all that to be honest go look at his record vs winning teams with all those weapons he was surrounded with.

I might watch the Packers game on Sunday after the Pats-Dolphins matchup is decided (after the 1st quarter).

Rogers better hope he doesn’t get queasy. But it’s not as if that team’s going anywhere this year and no way Philbin is head coach past this season.

He was overruled by Hickey from what I remember but didnt he also choose Tannehill?

Carr isnt all that to be honest go look at his record vs winning teams with all those weapons he was surrounded with.

He did pick Tannehill, but was ready to move on from him for Carr. Allegedly.

Philbin always kept Tannehill on a tight leash and most of us blamed him for stunting Tannehill's growth. That said, maybe its the other way around?

While obviously not successful here in Miami, he came across as a decent man and don’t forget lost his son during his tenure here. As a father, I can’t imagine what that must do to a man, and for him to be able to still be in such an elite business and getting a shot, he has my utmost respect.
So I’m with the others who wish him well and hope him every success.

I thought I was the only Philbin apologist....agree with this. His departure was when I really started to blame TBomb for the organizational demise. The endless string of mediocrity is above the head coach.

LOL

I can’t believe what I’m reading. People are actually remembering Philbin fondly? Does no one remember the constant look of wtf on his face? Like he never understood what was happening? We have such a ridiculous fanbase.

LOL

I can’t believe what I’m reading. People are actually remembering Philbin fondly? Does no one remember the constant look of wtf on his face? Like he never understood what was happening? We have such a ridiculous fanbase.

I think Philbin made me miss Cameron

Reading this thread's title has me feeling a bit queasy.

Back
Top Bottom