Philbin making a huge mistake with Dion Jordan. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philbin making a huge mistake with Dion Jordan.

kingfin23

This is the Year
Reaction score
How is this kid going to get better on the run with no experience out on the field. By letting him come in on pass coverage only ' you're telling the defense were in pass coverage. This is the most dumbest thing I ever heard in my life. Put the kid out there and let him learn. He needs experience. Philbin really needs to get this kid in there. We drafted a high pick on this guy. Not to play 15 to 20 snaps a game . that's a joke. That's like five times a quarter you see him. Sorry but that has to change Joe or you can go. Bottomline Dion Jordan is a beast and has no time for your games.

everytime i see him in the game during a run play, he is in on the tackle or running someone down from behind. He is also good a keeping an edge too. I think he may miss a few but for the most part he can handle it.

everytime i see him in the game during a run play, he is in on the tackle or running someone down from behind. He is also good a keeping an edge too. I think he may miss a few but for the most part he can handle it.
I agree with you. Joe is playing this like peewee football you don't practice you don't play. That was the preseason it's over with get him out there

I think a 3rd down and more than 4 is a telltale sign we may be in pass coverage too.ijs. I have no problem with how slow Philbin is bringing Jordan along. It's so obvious Jordan will be a beast but, I believe in bringing him along slowly. Who knows if the shoulder is completely healed, who knows if he has showed the ability to practice as well as he plays, oh, our coach would probably know. Does anyone think we are super bowl contenders at this point? I want to see Jordan play a full game also but, for what? Our defense isn't the reason we are losing games. I have no problem or concern with how Philbin is playing Jordan. What I do know is, when we are ready to win, Jordan will be a healthy dude ready to tackle the NFL. Maybe he needs to be bought along slowly, maybe he isn't the smartest dude in the world and is learning slowly. I'm sure he will play a lot more as the season progresses. But, we aren't going to win a damn thing this year with Jordan playing a dominant DE spot or not so, why rush him?

How is this kid going to get better on the run with no experience out on the field. By letting him come in on pass coverage only ' you're telling the defense were in pass coverage. This is the most dumbest thing I ever heard in my life. Put the kid out there and let him learn. He needs experience. Philbin really needs to get this kid in there. We drafted a high pick on this guy. Not to play 15 to 20 snaps a game . that's a joke. That's like five times a quarter you see him. Sorry but that has to change Joe or you can go. Bottomline Dion Jordan is a beast and has no time for your games.

Of course the opposing team KNOWS he's coming in for pass coverage. So what? What do you expect them to do on a 3rd and long? Change into an off tackle run? Dion has done well in his opportunities on the field. He is crazy quick and has made plays that have given us great opportunities. The way he is being used is not an issue in my opinion. He is STILL not 100% and there are guys more comfortable and more effective in the system than he is. No worries. He will be a beast for us. What we need to be more concerned about is the fact that we need people on offense that has that kind of effect consistently.

Best player should play and Dion jordan is better than Vernon and Shelby. Jordan is going to have fun vs Tommy boy this week.

How about this freaking bumbling baffoon of a playcall: When we had Buffalo pinned on their 2 yard line, he had Jordan lined up just off the LOS ready to rush, when the ball was snapped Jordan dropped back into coverage. Just the dumbest most ill concieved use of a legitimate pass rusher I have seen. Why wasnt he rushing the passer that close to the goal line to force the safety.

So on defense we drop Jordan into coverage when there is a possibility of a safety and in 3rd and a millimeter we run a sweep with Thomas. This coaching staff has no idea how to use many of its players.

I don't know that Jordan is better than Vernon at this very moment, but he certainly could be in the future.

They are bringing Jordan along much like they did Vernon last year during his rookie season, and he is now starting and being productive. I believe they have a long term plan for Jordan.

actually, I can see why they would do that. We can get good pressure with others still and now you have a 6'6" lanky LB out there covering the middle. What if he tips a pass or intercepts? What then? Stupid?

You don't move up in the draft to take a guy #3 overall to get him 20 snaps a game and learn how to play football.
He would have been available in the second round. Or we could have drafted a good OL. Which one would have benefited the team more at this point?
Any random OL taken in the first round or Dion Jordan?

How is this kid going to get better on the run with no experience out on the field? By letting him come in on pass coverage only you're telling the defense were in pass coverage. This is the most dumbest thing I've ever heard in my life. Put the kid out there and let him learn. He needs experience. Philbin really needs to get this kid in there. We spent a high pick on this guy. We didn't draft him to play 15 to 20 snaps a game . That's a joke. That's like five times a quarter you see him. Sorry but that has to change Joe or you can go. Bottom line Dion Jordan is a beast and has no time for your games.

This is the dumbest typing I've read in my life... Couldn't bold having taken the underlining off for you...

You don't move up in the draft to take a guy #3 overall to get him 20 snaps a game and learn how to play football.
He would have been available in the second round. Or we could have drafted a good OL. Which one would have benefited the team more at this point?
Any random OL taken in the first round or Dion Jordan?

32435_zps34072f4d-1.jpg

I think the staff is doing the right thing. They know more about him than us. He needs to get stronger and healthy.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom