Philbin may be sold on Flynn but Ross may not be | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philbin may be sold on Flynn but Ross may not be

Blake the great

Active Roster
Reaction score
I think Philbin may really believe that Matt Flynn is the real deal but is having a hard time trying to convience Stephen Ross that Flynn is a better QB than Matt Moore. We all know that Ross loves the big name guys, especially with Peyton Manning in free agency.

Ross has already said that he is tired of bringing in back ups and disguising them as starters and Flynn is exactly that. Of course Philbin may not be interested in Flynn at all. but it sucks we have such a stubborn owner.

Thoughts?

Doubt he would need to convince anyone. Philbin has worked with Flynn more than anyone else. If Ross doesn't take Philbin's opinion on Flynn as scripture, he hired the wrong guy.

I'm all in on Flynn.

If true, Ross needs to get out of the way and let his guy coach.

How many big name players have the Dolphins signed since Ross has been owner? I don't believe that to be the case. Sure he'd like to sign Manning, who wouldnt that needs a QB?

I hate that Ross has to be sold on anyone, he doesnt know s*** about football. Hey Steve, let the football people handle the football side of things and stop acting like an even worse version of Dan Snyder, you jack@$$

How many big name players have the Dolphins signed since Ross has been owner? I don't believe that to be the case. Sure he'd like to sign Manning, who wouldnt that needs a QB?

J-lo, Mark Anthony, fergie, Reggie Bush

and what was the across the board common denominator in all those signings??? money...we made brandon marshall at the time the top paid wr in football in the trade and contract extension and we made karlos dansby the top paid ilb in football...

ross can get his man provided its pretty much all about money...but i think he's terrible at making a guy feel wanted for any other reason...he thinks money fixes everything...it doesn't

I think Philbin may really believe that Matt Flynn is the real deal but is having a hard time trying to convience Stephen Ross that Flynn is a better QB than Matt Moore. We all know that Ross loves the big name guys, especially with Peyton Manning in free agency.

Ross has already said that he is tired of bringing in back ups and disguising them as starters and Flynn is exactly that. Of course Philbin may not be interested in Flynn at all. but it sucks we have such a stubborn owner.

Thoughts?
When did Ross say this?

Remind me again how much head coaching experience Ross has?! Unless he has some great plan he needs to let the football guys take care of business

I think you're surmising this premise and the reality is that Philbin got assurances that he will structure the team in his vision, including discussions about Flynn as a precondition to accepting the HC'ing offer.

Now whether Flynn is actually better than Moore remains to be seen as there are a lot of parallels including draft afterthoughts coming from poor QB programs that produced Derek Anderson vs Rohan Davey and JaFatazz, early successes, although Moore in his first 6 starts for Carolina went 6-2, had a game better than the one Flynn put up against NE, and essentially did more with less to work with. For those who are now labeling Moore as a journeyman and backup, who's to say that Flynn, a 2 game wonder for an offensive juggernaut, develop in the same direction, especially with less to worth with also?

Now that said, if Philbin enthusiastically wants Flynn, then I'm enthusiastically onboard. Otherwise, it's "feh"

You have just 92 posts and you want to create a controversy with Ross and the coach he just hired that they already are not on the same page.... If you cannot backup your facts, your material is defamatory

When did Ross say this?

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/10/17/2457616/miami-dolphins-a-franchise-in.html

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

You have just 92 post and you want to create a controversy with Ross and the coach he just hired that they already are not on the same page.... If you cannot back up your facts, your material is defamatory

Does one need facts for an opinion?

Back
Top Bottom