Philbin or Fisher? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philbin or Fisher?

MegaFinz

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
just curious who out there would of still liked to of had Fisher instead of Philbin. Im all for Philbin :hclap: your thoughts and opinions are appreciated.

Fisher was the "big splash" they wanted to get but when he wanted full control of the roster I laughed. Guy had six winning seasons in sixteen years as a head coach. I'm glad he chose the rams. It's rare there is an ex coach that does well somewhere else.

Miami now has someone who is motivated and comes from a great orginazation and will do wonders for the morale of the team and put a great product on the field

I actually have a good feeling about this hiring. I haven't felt this way about anything we have done in a long time.

Jeff Fisher is a better bet and will put a great staff together.

HOWEVER, that does not mean Philbin cannot be successful. He just has a ton of questions to answer that nobody can answer now considering he has never led a team before.

I was for philbin always before fisher. actually, until philbin was considered, I was all in for fisher, but I see it like this. We need a power offense if we are to do anything great in this league. We are now set to go and get the QB of the future for this team. Now is the time for someone like Philbin and that is why I like the way this is setting up.

Fisher and his 6 winning seasons doesn't include another 4 .500 years, often times with crap teams. He's been to a couple AFC champ games and a superbowl. Not a lot of coaches can say that. IMHO Fisher was the safe pick. Organized, players dig him, experienced.

Philbin is not a reach, but not top tier either. We'll have to see how it works out. No HC experience, a few years running a great offense loaded with talent, I hope he brings a winning attitude and tradition to Miami.

Fisher would have given the Dolphins stability and credibility which has been missing for quite some time but Philbin also bring class and respect in his own way. I am really liking this hire.

Fisher was the "big splash" they wanted to get but when he wanted full control of the roster I laughed. Guy had six winning seasons in sixteen years as a head coach. I'm glad he chose the rams. It's rare there is an ex coach that does well somewhere else.

Miami now has someone who is motivated and comes from a great orginazation and will do wonders for the morale of the team and put a great product on the field

Its not as "rare"as you would say.Belicheat,Gruden,Dungy have all won SB's in there 2nd stint.Im sure theres a few more.

With that beening said Fisher was my choice once Sporano was let go.None of these nobody but i do hope things work out for Philbin

What is good to see is the national media has backed off the Fins bashing and actually admiring the choice of Philbin.

I feel better about Philbin than I do about Fisher. He was one of my top 3 candidates.

Fisher would have given the Dolphins stability and credibility which has been missing for quite some time but Philbin also bring class and respect in his own way. I am really liking this hire.

Absolutely. I did not like Fisher as a coach, but I thought he would be a good hire in terms of restoring some respect, dignity and stability to the franchise.

I think Philbin will do just that, and there's a chance he might be a better than mediocre coach, too.

Never did like the Fisher for HC, just screams mediocrity to me. Sure he was the big name and signing him would have had the media kissing our ***** for a while but 6 winning seasons out of 17 just doesn't get me excited. As some have pointed out other coaches have come back and had success but I can't recall any of them having a 17 year tenure as a HC and all of a sudden figuring it all out and being sucessful.

Back
Top Bottom