Philip Buchanon | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philip Buchanon

NYNCDOLFAN

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Traded from RAIDERS to TEXANS for 2nd and 3rd round picks in this years draft. This bodes well for us because SURTAIN is a much better CB then BUCHANON.....Keep those fingers crossed..sorry if already posted just got home

TPD1479 said:
Traded from RAIDERS to TEXANS for 2nd and 3rd round picks in this years draft. This bodes well for us because SURTAIN is a much better CB then BUCHANON.....Keep those fingers crossed..sorry if already posted just got home

But Surtain isn't 23. Also I'm pretty sure Buchanon was begging to get out, they had to trade him.

Nublar7 said:
True, but we should still be able to get a 2nd rounder for him.

Agreed, but I would say Buchanon has more value at this point in time. Hes worth a 1st rounder in my book.

Surtain is much better but i guess it's the age that bothers teams but guys like lynch, rod woodson,dale carter there playing good and there like in their late 30's im sure surtz will play like em

Hearing about that trade make me sick to my stomach.

Well, Surtain isn't getting any younger... ANd look at his cap number... That just MIGHT be one of the reasons why teams are a little iffy... and his cap number is the ONLY reason why we're trying to deal him.

Buchanan isnt a pure shutdown corner like surtain. IMO he is most valuable for special teams purposes and a retuner. Buchanan is good... but surtain is great. Either way the fact that they got a 2nd and a 3rd proves surtains value should be about the same considering his age.

NorthFloridaFin said:
I thought it was Ray Buchanon who got traded???

It was Philip. He is on also on his rookie contract for a few more years, and the Texans can use that time to hammer out a new contract.

At least now I know what picks it is. Yesterday we had some people who still weren't sure whether it was Phillip or Ray Buchanon.

saves said:
But Surtain isn't 23. Also I'm pretty sure Buchanon was begging to get out, they had to trade him.

Yeah but trading someone because they want to leave doesn't make him more valuable. In theory, it makes him LESS valuable because he doesn't want to play for the Raiders. THe Texans KNEW he didn't want to play for the Raiders and that the Raiders wanted to trade him. So the compensation really should have dropped. So this should help the Surtain trade on our end.

I would rather Buchanon than Surtain. Surtain is on the decline while Buchanon is on the up and is more athletic. Proper coaching and Buchanon can be better than Surtain ever was.

Back
Top Bottom