Philip Rivers | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Philip Rivers

GreenFin

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I know it's early but since the season is basically over, I thought it might be time to look towards the draft.
I don't know if any of you had a chane to watch the Tangerine Bowl the other night but Philip Rivers looked GREAT! I looked up his stats this year and he had big games against good teams. And he put up big numbers playing in the ACC which puts out a lot of good corners in the NFL. I think he'd look great in aqua and orange but do any of you think the Fins would take a QB in the 1st round? The biggest needs on this team seems to be O-line and WR. I would love for them to get Rivers but if they picked up a WR (and that position is deep this year) I wouldn't be upset. I don't think rivers will last til the 3rd. But if they spend a 1st on an OL I'd be pretty pissed off. I think top round picks are for skilled playes and you can always pick up OL in the middle rounds (or pick up an established guy in FA).

i have been screaming Phillip Rivers ever since i saw him play FSU, dude can play and i looked up his stuff to and man dude has some skill, he like you said would look real good as a Dolphin. he can scramble has a quick release and seems to be exactly what the dolphins need. He would be a good alternative if we can't get Ben. I would take either personally.

Rivers is a 3rd round pick.

Ben R@%(^$%^@%@berger is a top 5 pick, so is Eli Manning.

The guy just isn't that good.

I really like him too and I think that with a year or two under his belt and a coach that can teach him how to throw, he could be a great QB

Phillip Rivers wont be a third round pick, i guarantee that...

He'll either be a late first rounder or early-mid 2nd rounder...

phillip rivers WILL be one hell of a qb in the nfl i have seen alot of him this year and in the past whoever passes on him in the draft will regret it.

I haven't seen Big Been play yet, but he seems good too.

6'5 240
4.7 40 time
Cannon arm
And only 21 years old!

Originally posted by Section126
Rivers is a 3rd round pick.

Ben R@%(^$%^@%@berger is a top 5 pick, so is Eli Manning.

The guy just isn't that good.

How can you say he isn't that good. He hasn't proven himself in the NFL yet but he definatly proved himself in the NCAA 2nd all time passing yards I think that is pretty damn good. He will never make it to the third round we may not even get a chance at him in the 1st round!:cool:

Back
Top Bottom