‘Philm Study’: Miami Dolphins Myles Gaskin EARNED the Starting Job | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

‘Philm Study’: Miami Dolphins Myles Gaskin EARNED the Starting Job

This whole arguement is a bit absurd.

If any aspect is "better" then it logically follows that the sum of the parts should also be better. Does it not?

However, that statement is in a vacuum, and is not really applicable to a "real world" situation.

Surely you both realize that improvement from any unit affects the others in a positive way as well?

It is a team sport, and it takes a complete team to compete with other complete teams. This either/or nonsense is purely theoretical, and though it may be fun to have the discussion from a "debate" perspective, it doesn't really mean much.
No I don't believe it does, logically speaking...

You're making a huge assumption that every other 'part' doesn't regress. If a running back improves but the wide receivers' production falls off a cliff then the sum of the offense is not better unless of course the running back's production surpasses the lost production of the wide receivers.

Goes back to the whole team concept, one player doesn't improve the entire team. I really wish that were not true sometimes, our greatest Quarterback would have had multiple rings if the season's outcomes were based on his abilities.

No I don't believe it does, logically speaking...

You're making a huge assumption that every other 'part' doesn't regress. If a running back improves but the wide receivers' production falls off a cliff then the sum of the offense is not better unless of course the running back's production surpasses the lost production of the wide receivers.

Goes back to the whole team concept, one player doesn't improve the entire team. I really wish that were not true sometimes, our greatest Quarterback would have had multiple rings if the season's outcomes were based on his abilities.
That wasn't the debate. It was specified in the hypothetical, that everything else stayed the same.

Do you really see an indication of anything "regressing" offensively? Or are you just argueing. "In theory" here?

I realize you never know, but I see a much higher probability that we improve than regress.

I'm calling the Jaguars and offering a 5th round pick and Jakeem Grant or Albert Wilson, for James Robinson. I'd like to add Robinson and keep Myles.

Urban Meyer thinks he knows what he's doing and the thought of getting a 5th and player for an UDFA might make him feel accomplished.

If he says no, I then offer to make that pick a conditional pick.

If he still says no, well I'm not going any higher on compensation but I will offer to make his trip to London more pleasant by calling the dogs off early and letting Trevor enjoy the sights without swollen eyes . That's my final play.

Or Travis Etienne will in fact play WR and Meyer will be out of a job in 3 years. I don't care for Urban Meyer and I am an Ohio State homer. Never liked him though.

That wasn't the debate. It was specified in the hypothetical, that everything else stayed the same.

Do you really see an indication of anything "regressing" offensively? Or are you just argueing. "In theory" here?

I realize you never know, but I see a much higher probability that we improve than regress.
I missed that part where everything stayed the same, sorry about that! I was just commenting on the overall idea that if one part improves the sum of the parts improve.

Real world for our team, I can't see us regressing at any position that would stop our forward momentum. If Tua gets the 'sophmore slumps' that's really the only position that could negate the gains we've made on offense but our defense is still going to ball out...

I missed that part where everything stayed the same, sorry about that! I was just commenting on the overall idea that if one part improves the sum of the parts improve.

Real world for our team, I can't see us regressing at any position that would stop our forward momentum. If Tua gets the 'sophmore slumps' that's really the only position that could negate the gains we've made on offense but our defense is still going to ball out...
I'm not particularly worried about Tua having a decline. I'm certainly not one of the "Tua is elite" or "he cant miss" crowd, but last year was a total cluster fluck for him, for several reasons.

I'm not particularly worried about Tua having a decline. I'm certainly not one of the "Tua is elite" or "he cant miss" crowd, but last year was a total cluster fluck for him, for several reasons.
I agree there, he had adversity very step of the way in his first year. Everything should be different (and better) for him this year.

That said, the QB position is really the only one that could hinder or negate overall improvement for the offense this year.

Lemuel Jean-Pierre, Godsey, and Studesville are who, imo, need to be under the microscope. Without improvement from them schematically, Tua's improvement or a bell-cow RB wouldn't make much difference in overall team success.

If these coaches prove this year that they can actually improve a group's overall performance with learned techniques and schemes, maybe a top RB will be the logical "next step" for our beloved Fins.

Tua will improve, no doubt. With weapons and better line, how can he not be. As you mentioned, it was a cluster fvck, so he has no place to go but up. However, he did not show me he will be elite. He may as well be, but I did not see it from last year.

Lemuel Jean-Pierre, Godsey, and Studesville are who, imo, need to be under the microscope. Without improvement from them schematically, Tua's improvement or a bell-cow RB wouldn't make much difference in overall team success.

If these coaches prove this year that they can actually improve a group's overall performance with learned techniques and schemes, maybe a top RB will be the logical "next step" for our beloved Fins.

I agree and I believe that is exactly what we will see; especially with Godsey and Studesville and the Co-Offensive Coordinators structure.

It’s my one issue with this coaching staff that I’m having a hard time getting over and ignoring.

Sorry but every time I see a RB thread I get annoyed
The position has been flat out ignored in Flores drafts
Even with the bad of previous seasons we were able to acquire the like of Bush, Miller, Ajayi, Drake, all whom were light years ahead of the crew of the last 3 years
Dead horse? Maybe, but IMO accurate
I feel we will have an underwhelming ground game again this season
I guess we shall see

1621335384811.png

Even with the bad of previous seasons we were able to acquire the like of Bush, Miller, Ajayi, Drake, all whom were light years ahead of the crew of the last 3 years
I guess we shall see

View attachment 76614

He certainly likes shopping at he Dollar store for RBs.

I guess we shall see

View attachment 76614
Absolutely, 100% correct......dead horse.

You can be annoyed all you want, but the reality is your and Flo/Grier's philosophy on the position are not aligned.

The in Flores drafts
I guess we shall see

View attachment 76614

It is hardly a "....position has been flat out ignored....". At least 1 RB has been selected each draft, as you have shown in your own post. They were "end of the draft picks" but they were drafted. Saying this position has been ignored by our new FO & coaching staff is not just hyperbole, it's an absurd level of hyperbole because you contradict your own argument with the information you present to confirm it.

Please note I have not addressed what we may have done with RB's in free agency.

This season will begin to tell the tale of our current RB situation, and I believe it will be a tale of success.

It is hardly a "....position has been flat out ignored....". At least 1 RB has been selected each draft, as you have shown in your own post. They were "end of the draft picks" but they were drafted. Saying this position has been ignored by our new FO & coaching staff is not just hyperbole, it's an absurd level of hyperbole because you contradict your own argument with the information you present to confirm it.

Please note I have not addressed what we may have done with RB's in free agency.

This season will begin to tell the tale of our current RB situation, and I believe it will be a tale of success.
Not sure how i contradicted myself
Out of the RB's drafted under Flores there is not a big play to be found
There is not a 1000yds to be found
There is not explosiveness to be found
All of that in some form was here prior under the likes of Gase & Philbin who were awful
The flaw in my argument is the team success which is present now and not then under awful coaches ...so there you got me
Yes Flores is a good coach
But again IMO with a legit RB we are that much further along

Back
Top Bottom