Phins and HD on D* Sunday Ticket? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins and HD on D* Sunday Ticket?

I think most of the games will be in HD this year.

They said over 100 games will be in HD. If you take away the monday and sunday night games and include the bye weeks then that's basically every game in HD.

over 100 games was the same as they had last year, the only thing that has changed is the price.

You need a HD compatibale receiver and dish to get it though - right?

I have Tivo/ Directv. Is it still possible for me to get HD? I heard direct-tv doesnt support HD or something like that.

What I think is crazy is that once NBC gets the Sunday Night game in 2006, they are going to be able to dictate which teams they want to see play that evening....so for instance, if you have plans to see a meaningful Dolphins-Jets game that is scheduled for 4 PM EST, Fat Madden and crew can decide to switch the game to 9 PM EST if they feel it is "worthy"...they said they will try to give teams 12 days notice...how convenient for Mr Turdocken. Another reason why I can't stand Madden.

Palerider said:
Direct TV does in fact have HD - has for awhile now.

True, but I belive that you have to have a HD compatible dish & receiver to get it. I also think that you have to pay an additional monthly fee for the HD programming. Can anyone confirm this?

byroan said:
They said over 100 games will be in HD. If you take away the monday and sunday night games and include the bye weeks then that's basically every game in HD.

not really.
there are 17 weeks in the season, but since every team gets a bye, there are essentially 16 full weeks of play.
32teams=16gamesperweek
16 games/week -2 games on primetime = 14 games/week

14gamesperweek * 16weeks = 224 regular season games per season played on Sunday and thus on Sunday Ticket.

DTV only intends to air "over 100" in HD

Ok you need:

HDTV ready TV
HDTV reciver or HDTV tivo ($750)
an eliptical dish (with thre mount things on it)
For local off air HD you need an antenna untill Directv stars broadcasting locals in HD

The HD package is like $10.00 a month on top of your normal bill and if you have hbo, showtime, etc you get there HD's for free. if i were you I'd wwait till the fall as Directv is adding over 150 channels over the next year (includes locals in HD) and changing from mpg2 stream to mpg4 which will make your current equipment (HDtivo only) Obsolete.

I hate watching football in standard def so once you switch it hurts to watch non HD games or shows for that matter. Just a warning that HD is like crack you can't get enough and they can't put out enough Content fast enough.

Heres shows i watch in HD:
Lost
ER
The O.C.
Scrubs
all sorts of reality shows
NFL (NFL network has game of the week in HD)
ESPN
HD SPORTS
Discovery
HBO
Showtime
PPV
HDNET

pretty much any major tv show is simulcast in HD

Back
Top Bottom