** PHINS CRUSH the Panthers post game chat** | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

** PHINS CRUSH the Panthers post game chat**

I dont think you have any idea what you’re looking at on the field. Yeah, he was drafted in the top 5, we get that, however the odds at this point are stacked against him. So no, he’s not gonna be taking over games just yet, he’s working with nothing at his disposal. If you expect all that at this point you really don’t know much about growing into the hardest position in all of sports. Terrible OLine, one WR, terrible OCs, and no running game. Not gonna happen yet. But he’s on his way but he needs help
These are not excuses, it’s the reality of right now
Apparently, he "out played" the other young QB's whose names are always being brought up to show how "bad Tua is".

I don't see much mention of those names today and I can see why - LOL

I'd love for the people trying to take the stance of "objectivity" regarding Tua's offensive supporting cast not being as bad as described give an example of other teams that have worse players on offense around the QB.

The Dolphins have the worst pass blocking rate in the NFL. As of two weeks ago they had THREE offensive lineman tied for the league lead in pressures allowed. Take a look at yesterday as an example as to how this line kills the offense time and time again by snapping two passes into the dirt to knock us out of field goal range 2 separate times and multiple other times where they followed up a hold with a false start to kill more chances.
They have the 2nd worst rushing attack in the NFL in both yards per game as well as average. In short, this is the worst offensive line in the NFL objectively speaking.
They have exactly ONE WR doing anything on a regular basis because their two high priced WRs never play.
Their TEs are pretty good.

If you don't think this is a bottom 5 offense that is being propped up by the play of a QB who has less than a season under their belt, then I don't know what to tell you.
100% this post. Well said.

Someone called Newton a narcissist, or somesuch, in the game thread, and another questioned it. Here's a quote from him after the game:

"This is the NFL. Nothing's promised," he said. "Just because Cam Newton's on your roster doesn't mean you're just gonna win. Just because it's a feel-good story doesn't mean you're gonna win. I'm well aware of that."

No matter what he tries to say, it comes out all about him - LOL

Can't we all just agree that Tua is playing good football right now?

He started the yr off rocky for whatever excuses there are but he has adjusted and has come on strong and we are doing well.

The team is coming together and winning games when they could have easily given up and kept losing.

At one point I think that a lot of the criticism was deserved, mistakes were being made by everybody not just the QB, the entire team and coaches, but again Tua has adjusted, a lot of people have adjusted, and he seems to be learning and the game is slowing down for him.

Its also entirely possible that the OCs have gotten their heads out of their asses and understand the type of play calling we need to be successful with this low grade OLine .

Again, sure there were rocky moments and there's a learning curve that still is ongoing but All in all Tua is improving and isn't that what we all wanted from the beginning?

Can you share your intelligence with Grier and Flores because I’m tired of drafting players like iggy I don’t look back hesgone in the first round.
No.
They subtract points for age (really, they do).

At this point I could get a perfect score and the "corrected" result would be like a "5" or something - LOL

I'd love for the people trying to take the stance of "objectivity" regarding Tua's offensive supporting cast not being as bad as described give an example of other teams that have worse players on offense around the QB.

The Dolphins have the worst pass blocking rate in the NFL. As of two weeks ago they had THREE offensive lineman tied for the league lead in pressures allowed. Take a look at yesterday as an example as to how this line kills the offense time and time again by snapping two passes into the dirt to knock us out of field goal range 2 separate times and multiple other times where they followed up a hold with a false start to kill more chances.
They have the 2nd worst rushing attack in the NFL in both yards per game as well as average. In short, this is the worst offensive line in the NFL objectively speaking.
They have exactly ONE WR doing anything on a regular basis because their two high priced WRs never play.
Their TEs are pretty good.

If you don't think this is a bottom 5 offense that is being propped up by the play of a QB who has less than a season under their belt, then I don't know what to tell you.

".... then I don't know what to tell you."

Words to live by - LOL

M
Science, you two are making Marines look bad. This guy was being intentionally annoying by sarcastically making comments, because he doesn't like people that make a comment about Tua that isn't overwhelmingly positive. I'd say "C'mon, man," but some decrepit ******* made that very uncool to say.
Marine Corps mathematics is all you need to know. With that being said I'm quite aware of the guys comment ldk_XKGXBjeqepGBHYwR375qsvtlbp5LtLmDJRx04aQ.jpg

Hicec
You can't fool me.
Those bullets are the wrong caliber! - LOL
Wait, that's also the wrong gun, it's not like any M-16 that I ever saw!
Have to get the 120 pack 7.62 crayolas for the 240 machine gun

Bro I’m not just talking about today. I’m talking overall. Go back to Baltimore where Ford came up with a huge catch for a chunk play down the stretch. Go back to last week when Hollins took a pass 70 yards or whatever it was to the house. Last year against Arizona Hollins made the game winning TD reception.

Not just talking about today bro. Talking big picture and with Tua in their with Ford and Hollins they have made some plays for him. So yes he has some comfort with them.

Agreed and I will add that what you bring up is important because that is exactly where Tua needs to improve. When playing the Ravens both Forde and Wilson made some huge plays before Tua came in during the 2nd half. While Tua has great talent he still does not see the entire field of options of his recievers and focuses to much on key recievers. As he improves in that area we should see even bigger plays. Guys like Forde and Hollins we're much more productive when Fitz was QB so even if you consider them jags they can be productive jags.

Back
Top Bottom