** PHINS CRUSH the Panthers post game chat** | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

** PHINS CRUSH the Panthers post game chat**

Agreed and I will add that what you bring up is important because that is exactly where Tua needs to improve. When playing the Ravens both Forde and Wilson made some huge plays before Tua came in during the 2nd half. While Tua has great talent he still does not see the entire field of options of his recievers and focuses to much on key recievers. As he improves in that area we should see even bigger plays. Guys like Forde and Hollins we're much more productive when Fitz was QB so even if you consider them jags they can be productive jags.
Wait, Ford and Hollins were more productive with Fitz? I must have missed it. Tua absolutely sees the whole field. It’s the oline that doesn’t allow for time to hit 3rd/4th options.

I mean no disrespect by this at all but honestly that shouldn’t matter as much anymore. He has his #1 out there in Waddle. Ford has actually came up big a couple time in recent weeks and Hollins is a really good blocker on the edges and Tua has confidence in him with jump balls.

Not to mention Tua absolutely feels really comfortable with Smythe and Gesicki. My point is franchise QBs find a way with the guys they have available to them. Aaron Rodgers has done it basically his whole career without a 1st round talent at WR with guys like Marquez Valdes-Scantling.

I agree the options Tua has without DVP are not elite but that’s why we draft a QB in the top 5. So that we don’t need superstars everywhere else. Franchise QBs make average WRs good... good WRs great... great WRs elite and so forth and that’s what he’s starting to do. Great QBs find a way to get it done and Tua is starting to show that.

Like I said no disrespect meant at all to you bc I think you’re a good poster. I’m just tired of stuff like that bc to me it’s just excuses. We drafted Tua in the top 5 overall he shouldn’t need perfection at every other position and he’s finally starting to show that he doesn’t need elite all around to play well and get a win. He made it look easy today which is a very very good sign.
I see your points, and I agree…but I don’t think he needs perfection at the other positions….competency, now that would be nice… particularly on the Oline…

I see your points, and I agree…but I don’t think he needs perfection at the other positions….competency, now that would be nice… particularly on the Oline…
You agree that A Rodgers has not had top flight WRs over the course of his career?

Just because they didn’t invest in first RD draft picks does not mean that they didn’t establish a WR core around him and coach them up

Adams was lost on the field his first year Rodgers didn’t get him the ball - because he didn’t trust him to run the routes

Wait, Ford and Hollins were more productive with Fitz? I must have missed it. Tua absolutely sees the whole field. It’s the oline that doesn’t allow for time to hit 3rd/4th options.
Forde and Wilson both made big plays in that game with the Ravens this year when Brissett was tossing the rock in the 1st half before Tua entered the game. Before Forde was traded last year Fitz went on record praising Fordes ability to find the soft spots in the defense. So 2 inferior experienced less talented QBs have had better production out of inferior recievers.

What's all this really mean it's called Tua has much higher ceiling once he start spreading the ball around just like Dan Marino used too.

Forde and Wilson both made big plays in that game with the Ravens this year when Brissett was tossing the rock in the 1st half before Tua entered the game. Before Forde was traded last year Fitz went on record praising Fordes ability to find the soft spots in the defense. So 2 inferior experienced less talented QBs have had better production out of inferior recievers.

What's all this really mean it's called Tua has much higher ceiling once he start spreading the ball around just like Dan Marino used too.
64 of Wilson's 87 yards against the Ravens was on one wheel route play where he was completely uncovered. It was also Tua who threw him the ball so I guess Wilson's 4 catches for 23 yards is an example of Wilson making "big plays" with Brissett?

I don't get it.

Last edited:
64 of Wilson's 87 yards against the Ravens was on one wheel route play where he was completely uncovered. It was also Tua who threw him the ball so I guess Wilson's 4 catches for 23 yards is an example of Wilson making "big plays" with Brissett?

I don't get it.

How about the 4 catches by Forde in that same game if I remember right there was nice long ball that Forde caught? Hopefully it is just a rookie thing with Tua where he is overly focused on Waddle and a couple of the tight ends and he will start using more of the wide outs. Sometimes it's just a QB thing where he locks onto a receiver or the QB throws a ball that just does not work for some recievers. Ryann Tannahill tossed bullets with very little touch that some recievers struggled with. Tua throws a more catchable ball imo but he is left handed which could a issue with some recievers.

How about the 4 catches by Forde in that same game if I remember right there was nice long ball that Forde caught? Hopefully it is just a rookie thing with Tua where he is overly focused on Waddle and a couple of the tight ends and he will start using more of the wide outs. Sometimes it's just a QB thing where he locks onto a receiver or the QB throws a ball that just does not work for some recievers. Ryann Tannahill tossed bullets with very little touch that some recievers struggled with. Tua throws a more catchable ball imo but he is left handed which could a issue with some recievers.
I feel like you're just looking for some make believe narrative.

I feel like you're just looking for some make believe narrative.
I just watched the games without rose colored glasses. Tua could certainly be the answer if he stays healthy and we would most likely have 2 additional wins currently and sitting at 7 - 5 not 5 -7 if he had stayed healthy.

I just watched the games without rose colored glasses. Tua could certainly be the answer if he stays healthy and we would most likely have 2 additional wins currently and sitting at 7 - 5 not 5 -7 if he had stayed healthy.
You said that he wasn't using Wilson in the Baltimore game and Brissett was despite 3/4 of his yards coming from Tua. You are also trying to use a half of one football game to make your point. If Brissett was "spreading the ball around" and "seeing the whole field", then he probably wouldn't have averaged *checks notes* 15.8 ppg leading the offense. Maybe you just don't realize the folly of trying to spread the ball around to Mack Hollins/Ford when they're being covered by Gilmore.

I love when people pigeon hole some narrative and then try to play it off with oBjEcTiViTy. It comes across as reeeeeeeeeeeeally authentic.

You said that he wasn't using Wilson in the Baltimore game and Brissett was despite 3/4 of his yards coming from Tua. You are also trying to use a half of one football game to make your point. If Brissett was "spreading the ball around" and "seeing the whole field", then he probably wouldn't have averaged *checks notes* 15.8 ppg leading the offense. Maybe you just don't realize the folly of trying to spread the ball around to Mack Hollins/Ford when they're being covered by Gilmore.

I love when people pigeon hole some narrative and then try to play it off with oBjEcTiViTy. It comes across as reeeeeeeeeeeeally authentic.
Go back to Fitz and Forde it was not just one game and not just Wilson. Brisset had some sucess with Wilson prior to Tua. They are attempting to use Wilson in Grants role and the Wildcat. However you slice it Tua is still fixtated with Waddle and Giliski as his security blanket which is normal for a young QB and as he learns to spread the ball around better we will be better.

Go back to Fitz and Forde it was not just one game and not just Wilson. Brisset had some sucess with Wilson prior to Tua. They are attempting to use Wilson in Grants role and the Wildcat. However you slice it Tua is still fixtated with Waddle and Giliski as his security blanket which is normal for a young QB and as he learns to spread the ball around better we will be better.
Ford has 7 catches all season.

Stop.

Back
Top Bottom