Phins interested in Ellis Johnson after all... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins interested in Ellis Johnson after all...

ckparrothead

Premium Member
Reaction score
Its on KFFL, Ellis Johnson is a popular man. He's been contacted by like 6 teams, one of which is the Phins. He's heading to Atlanta to work out for Dan Reeves. No word on whether or not he's gonna come to Miami to work out

As I said before he'd be an upgrade over Grant/Romero/Taylor, but I'm still not sure we should bother with him. Oh well just my opinion

With that much interst I doubt he signs here. Probably better opportunity and money somewhere else.

Yeah he'd be our 4th DT...though our line shuffles a lot and sees playing time.

I like this Ogunleye-Burnett-Williams-Taylor line that we keep sporting in obvious passing situations. Poor David Bowens he will probably be a non-factor for the year cuz of his broken hand. I was really high on the guy too. BUT his absence has really helped us get a look at Ogunleye and man what a find he's turning out to be! I can't get over it the guy is a sackmaster. He turns in 4 sacks against the Bucs, then for some reason doesn't play much against the Saints, then turns in 2 sacks against the Texans, and another 2 sacks against the Bears. Not to mention he's really good with leverage against the run I mean its almost like its too good to be true!

Already I'm about to start callin him the "Nigerian Bad Dream"

I doubt he would sign with the fins especially when he can get a starting job with other teams like the Bills..The Bills have his number on speed dial.....

LOL. Yup probably true. Our call was probably just a courtesy call "We'll give you $100 if you don't come to the AFC East..."

Originally posted by ckparrothead
Already I'm about to start callin him the "Nigerian Bad Dream"

Well being that he's from my old school (Indiana University) it makes me proud. Not many make it.

But I'll stick with "O-Gun". It kinds of sticks to him.

forget ellis...................

we damn sure bette start thinking about about spending any money we have on o-line.

now that searcy is gone, we are hurting. and in reality, we were before that.

the starting guys are a lack-luster, bargain basement, feared by no one bunch. old guy patch work o-line is what we have.

the finz brass have closed there eyes to this long enough. wunsch should have been purued, along with a half dozen other guys. i know hind sight is 20/20, but we just didn't have much going before leons injury.

anthony ceserio? can he even play? he is always hurt. andrews, jerman, c'mon, these are midiocre back ups at best, not pro bowl starters.

we are in deep poop on the o-line. have been for some time. the fins need to get ahold of ben coleman and who ever else is out there, sign them, and then make some sort of trade for some more help.

week 7 is to late to realize this.

Clayton, call the Phins and let them know of any Pro-Bowl starters sitting out there waiting for a team to call them and I'm sure they'd love to hear from ya.

Of course they want some better O-lineman, but they're not exactly sitting around ya know?

Hey with all our concerns with the o-line, It might not be as bad as we think. If we are basing our opinion on the play of our o-line from last year we did suck. But if Chan "BoBo The Clown" Gailey can make us acceptable, than N. Turner should do just fine regardless of who's on the line. Come on guys let's try and think positive. If all believe it enough than it will happen. So let's stay positive and take mentals reps and everyone envision us winning the SuperBowl so it can happen..

Originally posted by EddieIrvine13
IU Sucks.

And you've gained this knowledge from how many years of attending?

Either way, it's just your simplistic opinion. Of which I give two rat's asses for. Smile, be happy, party on dude.

:dink:

o-line:

PHINSTD: don't be a dolt. i realize there are not pro bowl guys waiting out there for us to sign. but if you will read my post, i said we should trade.

this team is very unbalanced on the defensive side of the ball. you have to give to get. if we juist trade pics, i think it is safe to say that we would be looking for o-line in next year or year afters draft.

the guys who start fo us now are older and with injury concernes. our back ups? no one is sure who should be kept around for 3rd string or not. injuries are mounting, there WILL be more, and we have nothing on the bench outside of mckinnie, and who knows about him yet.

we need some talent on this o-line, i don't care how we get it.

Come on man...saying I was being a Dolt is really off...what are we gonna trade? We've already given away alot of picks and just like FA...teams aren't gonna let these guys go...

Look around at the league and:
A. show me talented well paid guys who are still great O-lineman that get traded.(Please don't say washed guys like Roaf)

B.Show me a team that can afford to and is willing to let of guys that are Pro-Bowl performers and much better than what we have for 6th and 7th rd picks...it doesn't happen and teams don't let go of good/great O-lineman unless they have to cut them for salary reasons.

I respect your opinion and in a way agree...but to say I was being a Dolt for pointing out that there are not guys sitting around available and cheap enough to trade for is just way off base.

I want to get good O-lineman as much as you, there just aren't any available...Save the draft picks and actually USE them on OL next year and maybe get a top-notch guy thru FA and we can get back to being dominant again...a scheme the OL believe in wouldn't hurt either.

Yeah, I'm the only dolt here dang it and don't you forget it! :)

Sheesh, people trying to take away all the credit I've worked for just to be a dolt. :D

Do you know how long it's taken me to get that title? hehe

o-line............................

PHINSTD: i called you a dolt, not because of your opinion, but because of the smart a$$ way you started your post at me.

i am fully aware there are not pro bowl o-linemen waiting around just to sign with us. nothing in my post implied that.

plainly put, i think our o-line was barely mediocre to start with. it just got worse with the injuries. i don't think we can afford to wait till next year and hope for someone in the draft. we some sure things, right now.

willie roaf? c'mon, who on this line is better than roaf, even at this stage in his career. for the right money i would sign him in a heart beat!

everyone has the opinion, as i do, that 1 or two of our big defensive guys will not be back next year. let's get something for one of them now, instead of just losing them! is our team only 1 guy? if surtain, or madison, or bowens, or zach goes down to injury, are we done?

god i hope not. if that is the case, we don't have a team. we need to spend something on getting some o-line talent in here now, not when we are 2-7.

:monkey: on saddam

Back
Top Bottom