Phins sign QB Shane Matthews | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins sign QB Shane Matthews

Phish_Food

Saint....Dolphin....????? ?
Reaction score
Confirmed: I'll post the terms when I find them

Dolphins signed QB Shane Matthews.

The deal is likely for one year and the veteran's minimum prorated over the final three weeks. Matthews will take over as the emergency QB, meaning Marcus Vick might now be active as a receiver on game days.

www.rotoworld.com

Phish_Food said:
Confirmed: I'll post the terms when I find them

Dolphins signed QB Shane Matthews.

The deal is likely for one year and the veteran's minimum prorated over the final three weeks. Matthews will take over as the emergency QB, meaning Marcus Vick might now be active as a receiver on game days.

www.rotoworld.com

hmmmm. 22 at DE huh? Who is that?

It really isn't a big deal.
At least it opened up a roster spot with CP out but we have to have a minmum of 3 QBs which really stinks. (unless your the jets who went through like what 5 last year:rolleyes:)

IMO his best days were as the Bears QB if I remember correctly.Good backup.Certainly a better option than playing Vick at the position if it came to that.

No big deal. He'll just sit back and relax while getting paid to watch Dolphins games and be thankful he's not playing against Jason Taylor.

I don't get how this would make it more likely that Vick gets time as a wr. Every team gets to have 48 active players plus an emergency QB for a game. There is no rule saying that you have to have an emergency QB or that any of the active players can come in and play QB. Yo0u just get an extra (49th) player on your game day roster who can only play QB in an emergency.

For the upcoming games Mathews will fill the designated emergency QB role so Vick will have to be one of the 48 active players to get on the field. But if we really wanted him on the field there was no reason he couldn't have been one of the 48 active players for the past several games and also fill the void as the third string (but not designated emergency qb).

In fact JJ did this a number of times with Tony Martin and more recently the Steelers have done it with Kordell Stewart and Rand El. I'm not positive but I would venture to guess the Jets do it with that kid they drafted this year as well.

Dam, Ray Lucas wasn't available? :sidelol: Makes me wonder how Joey's ankle really is? :evil:

y did we sign him, we should have signed a vet WR 4 a year that can work wit r boys nd get them 2 catch the ball

woop de doo, he wont ever touch the feild as a phin most likely.

Nice to see that vick'll actually be playing wide reciever now though.

FinsAreLife said:
woop de doo, he wont ever touch the feild as a phin most likely.

Nice to see that vick'll actually be playing wide reciever now though.

How do you figure that Marcus Vick will get some playing time?:confused:

dolphan13 said:
How do you figure that Marcus Vick will get some playing time?:confused:

i dont believe i did say he would. I said that he will be playing WR, which i meant as that he wont be a QB anymore and have a chance to be on the active roster as a WR and not as an emergency QB. I didnt make it very clear, sorry about that.

Back
Top Bottom