Phins Sign Terence Garvin | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins Sign Terence Garvin

I don't mind signing depth even though you need a starter. Eliminates the requirement of drafting multiple linebackers now, although I still wouldn't be opposed to taking an additional backer later.

It's called churning over the bottom part of the roster. You close the talent gaps between your starters and backups.

Parcells was a big propoent and preacher of this methodology long before it was a popular practice.

Hull is a great special teamer, and a tackling machine. Just slow and a little undersized, but thats why he is a backup. Have no problem with him in that role.

What's crazy is he ran a 4.6 40 yard dash.

Hull is a great special teamer, and a tackling machine. Just slow and a little undersized, but thats why he is a backup. Have no problem with him in that role.
the problem is he is a huge liability defensively, as was Michael Thomas, as was Walt Aikens. We can't have every special teams player be a liability outside of special teams.

I'm curious if we'll ever see McMillan on special teams again

the problem is he is a huge liability defensively, as was Michael Thomas, as was Walt Aikens. We can't have every special teams player be a liability outside of special teams.

Agree, but most backups are liabilities hence why they are backups. You know who else is a liability? Our STARTING LB haha.

Agreed. I don't have an issue with Hull getting a roster spot because of his special teams ability, but he should never see the field on defense outside of the preseason. Never. He shouldn't be the first or second option in case of an injury. There should be at least five better linebackers in front of him. We've got four, but out of those four only two are starters.

And here I thought he was one of the little-known Fabulous Freebirds.

e3860ed2dff13330b349ed71797ad696c4b373fd_hq.jpg

People laugh about these signings and dismiss them but improving the overall depth of the team is also needed and this appears on paper to at least push people at the back end which can't be a bad thing in our LB group.
Cheers my friend, I don't know him but all you have said I agree with.

People laugh about these signings and dismiss them but improving the overall depth of the team is also needed and this appears on paper to at least push people at the back end which can't be a bad thing in our LB group.
Only uninformed people. The rest of us know it's depth value.

In all sincerity, I wasn't laughing at it. There are ALWAYS late bloomers; people who "get it" later on in life. This guy is clearly a Special Teams hitter, and I hope he makes the roster. Depth is a good thing.

I just saw the name "Garvin," and thought of Jimmy Jam. Because...well, I'm still a teenager inside.

Back
Top Bottom