Phins/TB Training Camp Tweets Here! | Page 59 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins/TB Training Camp Tweets Here!

mad city fox GIF by Gotham

Welcome to Carny Town everyone! Today is day one of inter-team practices between the Phins and the Carny Town Butt Pirates ( I have a loathing of the TB area so I will only refer to them as this). These practices in the sweltering heat and 90% humidity tend to get chippy. We should see some heated competition and the occasional brawl. We're not allowed to hit the QB so we will not get an opportunity to knock the avocadoes out of Tom Brady. The Pirates have a very good defense and offense so we should learn a lot about our team in these practices and of course during the game on Saturday evening.

I'll be focused on providing the Phins' usual reporter's reports. If someone wants to provide the TB reporter's takes to see the other side, feel free.

Enjoy the action and let's go smack around some carnys!

RW

58 pages is hard to penetrate. Is there a summary of what happened today somewhere? link?
Our Oline wasn’t mentioned much, which is a good thing. Only negatives I remember were Vita Vea beating Williams and Hunt in 1v1’s and blowing through them both on one play. But he’s a monster. But there was also a tweet that referenced Williams successfully redirecting Vea to open up a run play. Small victories…

Overall it seems like a good day for the line and the Connor at C experiment (I personally didn’t see any mentions of bad snaps). But the main negative here was our run game struggled against their very strong front 7.

Tua was good, Ezukanma was good (like maybe sounds like he could potentially battle for WR3 this year good), Tyreek was Tyreek. Tyreek made one of their DBs look plain silly w his joystick style moves after the catch on a 1v1 rep.

Not many long plays in 11v11’s. But we were apparently successful getting the ball out and letting the receivers make plays.

Don’t think Bridgewater had a great day. I know he was intercepted by Devin White and Carlton Davis.

The only glaring negative was Iggy. He was beaten multiple times and Mossed by Julio the one time he was in position. The day could not have been worse for him. But sounds like Crossen had a good day w some pass break ups and I saw a video of a nice one by Needham.

Regarding our Dline and pass rushers it sounded like Wilkins, Sieler, and Ogbah we’re the standouts. On the last drive Sieler had two sacks and Ogbah had one (I think). There were also some passes batted down by these guys. Ogbah is basically the Mutombo of NFL Dlineman.

Brady was visibly frustrated.

Overall the consensus seems that we won on offense by a slight margin and definitely won on defense.

*all of this was based on tweets and I have a poor memory so The Blob takes no responsibility any for incorrect reporting. I’m also high but this was still a better synopsis than Omar could give.

Last edited:
Byron said that? Where? When?
There was an article by Omar last year that started the rumor about a defensive player saying he’s wasting his career here because of Tua. I believe it was big O who pressed Omar about it on his show and other south Florida media personalities have connected the dots further. Nothing is confirmed but Jones is the leading candidate.

Stats don’t really back up that opinion.

In 2021 he had 17 receptions for an average of nearly 11 yards on 3rd downs.

Furthermore if you scroll down on the link below they break it down by down and distance and in every case his average was higher than the yards needed.

We lost multiple games to start the year last year before the staff figured out that gesicki as a primary iso play design move the chains guy was a fail.

Before they pivoted to waddle and got a whole different kind of consistent result.

Does anyone still want to disagree with me that he should of been trained as a slot since we drafted him?, because of how he will get exposed on the perimeter due to his weaknesses.

I think it’s to late now anyways..

Perimeter exposes him, slot protects him and ecentuates his strengths

He doesn’t have the iq for the boundary. We just traded a tight end who lacked awareness and iq and as a result his ceiling as a player is capped. There’s probably a igbo lesson in there somewhere.

There’s too much pitch and catch

Last edited:
what's the time frame on that? (i think he had surgery on whatever in march, and the coaches have been talking like if there were a game this week he'd be able to play).

That’s just my gut. And without him we have a second boundary problem.

Id say 6-8 months is probably an Achilles timeframe best case scenario. But again that’s just the vibes I’m getting here

I thought I saw something that said it was between the ankle and the Achilles. Only thing I know of for that is the actual Achilles. Maybe it was a partial or something I don’t know

Back
Top Bottom