Phins That Trancend Eras | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins That Trancend Eras

Mach2

Never go full Colin Cowherd........
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
A debate in another thread has started me thinking about Dolphin players who would have been successful irrespective of the time in which they played.

Dan is an obvious choice. Who knows what kind of numbers he would have posted today.

I dont think it's a stretch to say 6500 yds, and 55-60 tds would be a regular occurance.

I believe Jason Taylor could have played at any time, as well.

Any others?

Zach Thomas...Heart, and a great sense for what the opponant's offense is about to do goes a long way in any era.

Zach refused to be denied, and though not the loudest of leaders, he lead hard with action, and helping teammates be in position each play.

A debate in another thread has started me thinking about Dolphin players who would have been successful irrespective of the time in which they played.

Dan is an obvious choice. Who knows what kind of numbers he would have posted today.

I dont think it's a stretch to say 6500 yds, and 55-60 tds would be a regular occurance.

I believe Jason Taylor could have played at any time, as well.

Any others?

funny thing is, i think Dan could've actually played in the tougher age of the 70's too. Mad and Surtain of course, would actually be interesting to see how creative that maybe the fins could get with dupers speed in todays NFL. Jackson would still be a stud TE, Cogs prob would've been a HOF'er if he played in 70s early 80s,

p387352_b_v8_ac.jpg

funny thing is, i think Dan could've actually played in the tougher age of the 70's too. Mad and Surtain of course, would actually be interesting to see how creative that maybe the fins could get with dupers speed in todays NFL. Jackson would still be a stud TE, Cogs prob would've been a HOF'er if he played in 70s early 80s,
That corner duo crossed my mind, as well.

Dan, certainly was tough enough, IMO.

Duper? Hadn't considered him, but yeah.

The football played in the 80’s was not that far removed from the 70’s...especially when you look at the pass happy rules and softness of today’s game.

There are many players today that would lack the toughness and mentality to play back then.

It’s just silly to compare stats because changing the rules changes the game. They used to maul receivers and beat up the QB’s.

Last edited:
The football played in the 80’s was not that far removed from the 70’s...especially when you look at the pass happy rules and softness of today’s game.

There are many players today that would lack the toughness and mentality to play back then.

It’s just silly to compare stats because changes the rules changes the game. They used to maul receivers and beat up the QB’s.
This is a fact.

hell any of dans recievers would prob excel today, you had to learn how to make sure they didnt get a hold of you, this patty cake stuff db's play now a days the marks brothers would prob laugh at.. i just dont know how generationally speaking OL would transfer over.. sure they could put on weight maybe but langer...250, little 265, stephensen 255. i know Denver used smaller more atheltic type lineman for awhile, but i believe those OL would be a little over matched now a days....POSSIBLY

Back
Top Bottom