Phins, Vikings on verge of trade... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins, Vikings on verge of trade...

callaway1234

Starter
Reaction score
http://www.finheaven.com/news/2046/

It seems like this has a very good chance of happening, so my question is... do you think Ronnie Brown will be on the board at #7? And assuming the Surtain trade happens, who do you all see us using 2 #1's and a 2 on? (Is the 2nd round too early to draft McPherson??)

i think second round is early for mcpherson especially with either or both campbell and frye still around. especially for a team like us. we need to get good sure-fire solid players, not problematic MAYBE's. if we get a 2nd round pick i'd expect to see us draft WR/ best Defensive guy available.

dont need to waste pick on Mcpherson...

doubt ronnie is there.... if this trade happens.... maybe Mike Williams... or take DJ

maybe caddy if he still around (although) doubt it...

Eric-Honduras said:
dont need to waste pick on Mcpherson...

doubt ronnie is there.... if this trade happens.... maybe Mike Williams... or take DJ

maybe caddy if he still around (although) doubt it...

McPherson wouldn't be a waste. DJ at #7 would be a waste.

Take Benson at #7 or Rolle is the Titans don't pick him. Don't want McPherson. Take Marcus Spears with the #18. He will be good when we shift to the 3-4.

byroan said:
McPherson wouldn't be a waste. DJ at #7 would be a waste.

mcpherson banned from NCAA played less than a season in college football..
yeah ok lets draft him...

DJ is the best LB and top defensive player in this draft..

Eric-Honduras said:
mcpherson banned from NCAA played less than a season in college football..
yeah ok lets draft him...

DJ is the best LB and top defensive player in this draft..

I'm willing to give McPherson I chanse, but not in the 2nd.

IMO DJ is not the best LB or defensive player. Rolle is the best D player and Merriman is the best LB(if he plays that).

DJ will be good, but has been way overhyped

mike williams at #7 would be great.

at #18 one of the offensive tackles or olb maybe?
we can get a solid running back in the later rounds.

This trade won't happen until after the 1st rounder has been chosen. It will be agreed on in principle but there's no point in Minnesota doing this if somehow Braylon Edwards goes first.

They don't need to do it until the first pick is taken.

Yeah, this type of negotiation could take weeks:

Tice: I'll give you our two firsts and a 4th.
Saban: Done and done.

i think we're hoping for caddy or mike williams to sit comfy at #7. i think mike will be taken by Tennesee.... so caddy at 7 is dandy.

i saw this thing on DJ on NFL network and they showed at the point of attack, he's quite weak. he doesn't attack. some 200 rb was able to take him out of the play with relative ease... definitely an electrifying player when in open field when he can do his stuff, but he wont have as much free room to roam and the men are a lot bigger in the nfl.

i, too, am a Merriman fan. OVER DJ.

take which ever of the three RB is still there at 7, and with the 18th pick take Mark Clayton!!!

ChambersWI said:
I'm willing to give McPherson I chanse, but not in the 2nd.

IMO DJ is not the best LB or defensive player. Rolle is the best D player and Merriman is the best LB(if he plays that).

DJ will be good, but has been way overhyped

overhyped? he was a 3 year starter...He earned the Bronko Nagurski Trophy as the nation's top defensive player and the Butkus Award (nation's top LB).
Johnson was a finalist for the Bednarik Award (nation's top defensive player), the Lombardi Award (nation's top lineman) and the Lott Trophy (defensive player of the year) as a senior. He was the only defensive player among the 10 finalists for the Walter Camp Player of the Year Award and earned unanimous first-team All-American accolades. He was also a unanimous selection as the Big 12 Conference Defensive Player of the Year.

Johnson concluded his Longhorns career with 40 starts in 50 games. He recorded 458 tackles (281 solo) with 10½ sacks for minus-58 yards, 65 stops for losses of 170 yards and 39 quarterback pressures

Merriman= dont compare to DJ who plays WEAK side LB
McpHerson = overhyped

Back
Top Bottom