Phins Vs. Titans (An Eyewitness Review) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins Vs. Titans (An Eyewitness Review)

twg76

Proverbs 3:5-6
Reaction score
So, I was at the game yesterday. And what a game it was! The Dolphins played great! There were 72,000 people said to be there. I don't know if there were really 72,000 people there, but there were quite a few. The only bare spots in the stadium were the corners in the upper deck section.

They announced the pro-bowl players before the game. All three looked to be of good spirits. Taylor was waving to the crowd and smiling before they charged onto the field. Chambers waved as well. For some reason, only the defensive players rushed onto the field through the inflatable tunnel. I found that odd. On opening day, they anniuced more players on both offense and defense. I think they were short on time.

So the 1st quarter seemed to be about field position. Frerotte couldn't get the offense going. Ricky had a few decent carries, but they weren't adding up to anything. The Titans, on the other hand, were able to knock in a field goal.

Things COMPLETELY changed in the 2nd quarter. The Dolphins defense came up big a few times creating turnovers and stopping the Titans. They even forced McNair out of the game at that point. He seems to be about finished with football. I would put him with Favre. Miami came away with a field goal first. Then, Chambers grabbed two TDs in this quarter. They all came from good stops on defense. The second Chambers TD happened in the endzone where I was sitting. What a grab! He had superb concentration on that catch. Miami started putting the points up when the field got shorter. Alot of credit should go to the defense and Chambers' hands for those points.

In the third quarter, Miami came out sluggish. The defense still looked good. But the offense was unable to do anything with a long field. If they had to start at the Titans 20, they were doomed every time. Frerotte couldn't even hold on to the snaps. He was throwing way ahead of receivers as well. Tough day for Frerotte. Chambers bailed him out.

To begin the 4th quarter, the defense finally was stressed too much and gave up a big play to the Titans. The score quickly became 17-10. The boo birds were out and things didn't look pretty. I was beginning to really wonder if Miami would keep control of the game or not. And then, RICKY WILLIAMS came alive. He came alive when all hope started to seem lost. He took control of the game on two BIG runs, and put the Dolphins out of reach.

What a finish! Ricky was running all day. He was only stopped a few times. It was the first game where he carried the load the whole time. He held up and had a HUGE game. It shows everyone just how valuable it is to have TWO GREAT RBs. They can split carries and give you 100+ yards OR, when you are in trouble and one goes down, the other can carry the rock 20+ times and get you 100+ yards. I believe Ronnie is capable of doing that. And we just saw that Ricky could do it.

Frerotte is not a starter. The whole world knows this. He cannot carry the QB responsibilities for an entire season. Miami MUST get a QB in the offseason. He needs to be learning the system to take it from Frerotte ASAP. I know that Frerotte probably needs to start the 2006 season, but he must be replaced at some point next season.

One last note about the game: The fans were great! It was dominated by Dolphin fans. I heard one Titans fan yelling things from my section. The rest were Dol-fans. ALSO, A WAVE BROKE OUT IN THE STADIUM!! You heard me right. A wave! It was awesome! I had never seen a wave before at Dolphins Stadium. It went on forever! It started on the lower section, went all the way around the stadium, and eventually spread to the upper deck. BOTH DECKS WERE DOING THE WAVE FOR A LONG TIME!! It was awesome. GO FINS!!

who better to do the wave than Dolphins Stadium. Thanks for the report bro, and for representing. Go Fins! Merry Christmas.

Mcteems,

Where were you sitting..yeah the wave was something..took it few times..but it was great. I thought we were missing quite a few fans. I drove from Jacksonville and stay at where else..The Don Shula hotel..nice place!

Back
Top Bottom