Phins working on extension with Mike Pouncey | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins working on extension with Mike Pouncey

Based on this doesn't sound like it will be cheap

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) tweeted at 7:51 PM on Fri, Apr 10, 2015:
Source: A big-money, multi-year extension for the #Dolphins and C Mike Pouncey is imminent

Hmmmm. Highest paid Center in NFL

Armando Salguero (@ArmandoSalguero) tweeted at 8:01 PM on Fri, Apr 10, 2015:
The Dolphins have made Mike Pouncey the highest paid center in the NFL.

He's a good player. The questionable move IMO was the bills paying Charles Clay 25% more than gronk...now that's crazy

Interested to see the details, if it was so good for mike, than his agent would release the details like they always do.

Armando Salguero (@ArmandoSalguero) tweeted at 8:09 PM on Fri, Apr 10, 2015:
Alex Mack was previously NFL's highest paid center at $8.8M annual average salary. I'm told Pouncey's deal is slightly higher.

according to rotoworld he just signed the extension

I think he is a good player. And I don't care about owners money like so many people do.

I just posted it didn't sound cheep and looks like close to 9M a year. Far cry from everyone saying it would be a 6M a year contract in the Clay threads I was in.

Do I think he is the top Center in the NFL nope and I think his play has fell off last two years but still an important resign for you all.

I think he is a good player. And I don't care about owners money like so many people do.

I just posted it didn't sound cheep and looks like close to 9M a year. Far cry from everyone saying it would be a 6M a year contract in the Clay threads I was in.

Do I think he is the top Center in the NFL nope and I think his play has fell off last two years but still an important resign for you all.

A couple points I'd throw at you. Definitely a good player, not a great player. Just looking at this FA class and the draft class, would've been comfortable with a lot of guys. I'd have let him play this out and prove the last 2 years weren't anomalies. Sign a guy like Wisniewski who can kick into the middle would've worked too. I just think he's a guy you wait on, there's some red flags on and off the field.

I only care what owners pay because I feel like the cap can be used better.

A couple points I'd throw at you. Definitely a good player, not a great player. Just looking at this FA class and the draft class, would've been comfortable with a lot of guys. I'd have let him play this out and prove the last 2 years weren't anomalies. Sign a guy like Wisniewski who can kick into the middle would've worked too. I just think he's a guy you wait on, there's some red flags on and off the field.

I only care what owners pay because I feel like the cap can be used better.

Got those points to counter though

I have nothing on the red flags those are there.

Draft to use an asset on an unknown to replace a known. On the field as a Center he is a top 10 center. Are you sure you are getting that in the draft. And the pivot is very important on the line.

Wisniewski there is a reason he is unsigned he is not that good gets more rating by fans cause of his name. There is a reason Raiders elected to sign Hudson over their own center

Back
Top Bottom