Phins working on extension with Mike Pouncey | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phins working on extension with Mike Pouncey

if true, i like it...the line needs some cohesiveness and has been a revolving door for way too long. Injuries aside, if this line is healthy all year; I see very good things, but we do need to draft a guard...question is, do they pull the trigger on a OG in round 2 as currently no 3rd (depending trades) or do we gamble and hope someone like Arie Kouandjio or John Miller from Louisville can fall to us in the 4th???

I'd rather wait another year. His last two seasons haven't been very good.

I expected no less if true.

I'd rather wait another year. His last two seasons haven't been very good.

i understand your pessimism but 2013 was offense under Mike Sherman...enough said...2014 was an anomaly coming from the hip surgery and rehabbing and getting back up to game speed are two separate things...I personally think we see a different Pouncey this year...healthy and ready to head this O-line...and it will be an exciting offense with Lazor's scheme in year two with more familiarity with everyone...IMO anyway...

31oKA6i.gif

i understand your pessimism but 2013 was offense under Mike Sherman...enough said...2014 was an anomaly coming from the hip surgery and rehabbing and getting back up to game speed are two separate things...I personally think we see a different Pouncey this year...healthy and ready to head this O-line...and it will be an exciting offense with Lazor's scheme in year two with more familiarity with everyone...IMO anyway...

Most would tell you his best season was 2012...also under Sherman...enough said.

I would be very cautious. We all thought Jake Long would be a top level LT in the NFL for years to come...he's now out of the league. Were the last two years an anomaly or more of a trend? I don't know, that's why I would prefer to wait another season.

Most would tell you his best season was 2012...also under Sherman...enough said.

I would be very cautious. We all thought Jake Long would be a top level LT in the NFL for years to come...he's now out of the league. Were the last two years an anomaly or more of a trend? I don't know, that's why I would prefer to wait another season.

All valid concerns but look at multiple peoples 2012 and 2013 numbers...and Sherman was calling too many safe plays and it was too easy to read his game plan since he didn't deviate from the script...I didn't like the Jake Long pic when it happened and was pulling for Matt Ryan at the time so i understand that view point. I just think it's hard to compare the two as it seems like if you sneezed on Long too hard he was hurt...feel bad for him b/c that isn't really his fault unless it was a result of poor conditioning. if he stayed healthy who knows what his career would have been...

I agree, and the only way the extension is *the smartest option right now* is if there is a clause in the contract that basically gives us an out after the 2nd year with very minimal cap hit.

Back
Top Bottom