Phinsider mock 12/29/11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phinsider mock 12/29/11

jim1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score
8. Miami Dolphins - Robert Griffin III, QB Baylor

I have no doubt that the Dolphins are going to be major players for Robert Griffin III this spring (if he declares). Ironically, Miami's interest in RG3 will likely be because of general manager Jeff Ireland (I'll explain why in a moment), who is public enemy No.1 amongst Dolphins fans right now.
What is in question, however, is whether or not Miami will have to move up to get the Baylor wunderkind. Perhaps Daniel Snyder damns all logic and takes Griffin. Maybe Mike Holmgren feels frisky on draft night and snags RG3 with the fourth pick. Who knows? Keep this in mind, though: Jeff Ireland is a former Baylor player, and chances are that he's had his eye on Robert Griffin long before many of us even knew he existed. And if Ireland's going to stake his reputation on a quarterback, you have to figure he'll gravitate towards the guy who is absolutely killing it for Ireland's alma mater right now.
Of course, this pick could go a few ways, depending on who is hired to be the Dolphins' head coach. If Miami transitions back to the 4-3, then a powerhouse defensive end like Quinton Coples could be in play at this spot. If the Dolphins stay the course of the 3-4, then a knockout edge-rush linebacker like Courtney Upshaw would make tons of sense.

22. Cleveland Browns - Kendall Wright, WR Baylor
Ah, yes, here come the Browns and their awful offense again. With Trent Richardson in their backfield, Cleveland's next step should be to add an explosive factor to its passing game. Baylor's Kendall Wright is pretty much the epitome of "explosive," pairing good hands with a strong frame and jaw-dropping speed, He's also eligible for some Jon Gruden commentary. Let's take a look:
"I want to talk about Kendall Wright for a minute. You know what they call him, Jaws? In. Stant. Speed. And when you think of fast, you should think of this spectacular young man. He's six-foot, two-hundred and ten pounds of concrete dynamite in pads. Blink ... and you'll miss him. I have to tell you, I LOVE watching Kendall Wright play football. That guy is a football player, gentlemen, and what I wouldn't have given to have a receiver like this when I was in Tampa. Those guys fired me, you know.
http://www.thephinsider.com/2011/12/29/2666637/kmb8488s-2012-nfl-mock-draft-first-edition

Back
Top Bottom