Phinz 2004 OL : Possibly Downgraded??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phinz 2004 OL : Possibly Downgraded???

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
I don't like the looks of the way this OL is shaping up, and I don't see anything that gives me confidence in thinking it'll be upgraded in 2004....

Rick has missed out on almost every single FA OLman he targeted, he's gotten the cold shoulder from the high priced guys. That's a horrible sign. I'm not sure if Rick even knows what he's going to do to fix the situation. There's almost nothing he can do now.....

We're almost at a point where we're stuck. The only guys remaining at RT worth mentioning {Meadows / Brown} aren't going to be an upgrade to T. Wade either. Our RT position is in deep trouble....

That leaves us with the RG position still empty. Who's left???....

I'm seriously worried. We don't have any starters at RG or RT. We don't have any depth either. What the hell are we going to do now???....

Sign more defensive players????.....

PHINZ RULE!!!:cry:

Patience Blitz there is still alot of talent out there patience. Wait till we are done signing and then make judgement way to early.

The right side of the line is still a ?, but the left side should be clearly better. Smith is in his 2nd year vs. his rookie year. James was my #1 target and IMO is a huge upgrade. Mckinney is a bit of ?, but Ruddy really played horribly last year so upgrading that position doesn't take much. The right side may or may not be upgraded, but at this point we're 5 days into FA. We just don't have enough facts to justify hitting the panic button.

I think even if we get Brown or Meadows is not a downgrade at right tackle. We need to sign Cosey Colemen for the right guard. Thats a definite upgrade. So we have upgrades at both guards and even on right tackle. I can live with that.

Blitz...go play that G-n-R song..."all we need is just a little patience it worked for me!!!

Bobby Williams and Cosey Coleman...maybe the next best options...B.W can play RG and RT....Cosey is a rising RG!!!

I was happy to hear that D. McIntosh was going to sign with us...but he failed the physical...must be more serious than originally thought!!!

hey zod, who is that in your picture? was this from the last preseason?

One thing I don't understand is how or why everyone (myself included) seems to look at the big board and believe that those are the only solid players we need. There has to be more than just the THREE OL that they list on the top 31 of the first round in all of college football that can make an immediate impact in the NFL. So far the first round has been pretty sorry looking in past years with OL lot's of duds, but I guess that's the way with a lot of positions. I don't know I wouldn't mind another receiver but I would rather have a fully stacked line with at least some reliable backups.

OL beside QB is the hardest spot to come in and start. All other position rely on athletisicm and instincts Ol and B are all BRAIN and unless you are just that good you cant make up for the lack of experience and in each draft there are only a few 2 maybe 3 that are inpact players.

I don't think our OL will be any worse. There is only one position where we MIGHT have a downgrade, and that is RT. However, Wade wanted way too much money and it would have been dumb to concede to his demands. I think we signed a very good offensive guard in Jeno James and I think Wade Smith will improve from his 2003 performance (well, it wouldn't be hard to improve because he was pretty bad). We still aren't done signing people, and I think that when we have our whole offensive line in place, that it will be better than it was in 2003.

Back
Top Bottom