Phinz OL : How About A Hell Yeah!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phinz OL : How About A Hell Yeah!!!

That's true Scott...

... much like last year when the Dolphins went up to NY to play the Jets. They were the #3 rushing offense in the NFL, and after Lamar Smith's 2 fumbles he nor the OL were the same after that performance. It's a hell of a long season, and many thing can go wrong, and right.

Oliver...

Originally posted by scotgif
Good point Oliver. A good running back will always make his OL look better. That said, a terrible OL will still hold a great RB back from playing up to his potential.

I just caution everyone to keep things in perspective, and not get so giddy just yet.

Keep in mind, that we always start like a ball of fire, and we know what the rest of the season usually brings. I love what I am seeing on offense, and just hope we can maintain our consistency, and stay on an even keel for the whole year.

We've all seen too many december collapses.

Hank Goldberg was today...

... , and I agree it's way too early for that. Little is in the hall of fame. I think you can compare Nails to Nate Newton though, in fact our head coach has a number of times already. :D

Oliver...

Originally posted by WharfRat
I wouldn't go as far as comparing Nails to Larry Little just yet... but he has been extremely impressive so far with Dixon at his side... Perry really has stepped up so far also... I like what I see so far, and pray that it holds up all season.
Despite my reservations and concerns with depth... I'll still give them that "Hell Yeah" for thier performance so far!

Originally posted by WharfRat
The key words here are "So Far" ... I love our early sucesses, but have learned to reserve judgement until later in the season...
I somewhat disagree - I will reserve judgement until next week. Beating the Jets will go a long way to help us down the road mentally and in the division standing. The Jets losses haunted us the last 2 years and prevented us from getting that win to give us the bye we needed. 3-0 and 2-0 in the AFC may seem like the usual Fins Sept., but beating the Jets has not been usual so I have give that win loads of significance - even if the Jets looked like a last place team yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom