Phinz OL : How About A Hell Yeah!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phinz OL : How About A Hell Yeah!!!

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
I'm convinced that this group is moving forward very rapidly....

The addition of LG J. Nails, along with moving M. Dixon to LT, has made a big difference IMO. They are all starting to play as a unit now, and as long as they stay healthy, things will only get better...

Sure, this is only two weeks into the season, but if you had to talk about an area that has been most impresive so far, it would have to be the play of the Phinz OL thus far....

Great Job Guys!!!!

Keep It Up!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!!

:monkey:
J-E-T-S....SUCK!! SUCK!! SUCK!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Considering how much people were dissing the O-Line in the preseason makes it even better.

I think they looked great!!

But... we did play Detroit and a injured colts line..
Hopefully we can stay healthy and continue to gel... I think having Ricky back there also makes them look better.

But... we did play Detroit and a injured colts line..

You know, ya kind of heard the same things abou the Rams a few years ago when they first started kicking people's asses offensively, in fact I was one who bought into it until the won the SB...

If you recall the first year the rams came on everyone was saying "yea they are scoring alot of points but look at the defenses they have played"... come to find out in the playoffs they were kicking ass against all defenses, not just the weak ones. Althoug its no longer the case for them. I hope the same thing holds true for us. Moving the ball offensively at will against any team gives your club confidence, that is good thing. If this were last year, we would have beat Detroit by 3 points.

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG

The addition of LG J. Nails, along with moving M. Dixon to LT, has made a big difference IMO. They are all starting to play as a unit now, and as long as they stay healthy, things will only get better...

I'd like to add a name in there. Rg Todd Perry has probably graded out as the best so far. He is no longer just holding his blocks, but is knocking the first guy out then looking for another one up field!

I was really hard on him last year, and IMO I was right in doing so, but for these last two games, I'm giving him his props......

I have been very impressed with o line, however it will be for real to me if they can handle the JETS jets. Go Dolphis

That's what a GOOD HB will do for you...

... after the Yets game in NY last year our starting HB decided he wasn't going to be a starting HB anymore he decided it was more important to dance like a Solid Gold dancer behind of the LOS rather than pushing the ball forward!

The HB makes the OL, always has and always will.

Oliver...

Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG

Sure, this is only two weeks into the season, but if you had to talk about an area that has been most impresive so far, it would have to be the play of the Phinz OL thus far....

Great Job Guys!!!!

Keep It Up!!!

PHINZ RULE!!!!

:monkey:
J-E-T-S....SUCK!! SUCK!! SUCK!!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Good point Oliver. A good running back will always make his OL look better. That said, a terrible OL will still hold a great RB back from playing up to his potential.

I just caution everyone to keep things in perspective, and not get so giddy just yet.

Keep in mind, that we always start like a ball of fire, and we know what the rest of the season usually brings. I love what I am seeing on offense, and just hope we can maintain our consistency, and stay on an even keel for the whole year.

We've all seen too many december collapses.

I think Nails brings that much need attitude to the offensive line. That man is a beast even after losing 60 pds. Dosen't seem like he lost a step after taking a year off from football.

I also think that Ruddy and Perry have improved greatly because they thought their jobs were at stake when mckinney was drafted and when Searcy was brought in before he got hurt

Overall I would find our line to be a very intimadating force and I would think they could go against the best DL and Linebackers anyday

Nails looks damn impressive as a pulling guard. Some announcer compared watching him to watching Larry Little pull around the corner and crush defenders in the 70's.

Him and Dixon make a fantastic pair.

This OL stays healthy and I think they'll become dominating later in the year.

GO FINS!

I agree on jamie nails being a force when pulling but i think that RM deserves alot of credit too, i only counted two missed blocks for the whole game on sunday and he was a beast on the toss plays, he completly sealed off the defense and allowed ricky and jamie to get outside.

I wouldn't go as far as comparing Nails to Larry Little just yet... but he has been extremely impressive so far with Dixon at his side... Perry really has stepped up so far also... I like what I see so far, and pray that it holds up all season.
Despite my reservations and concerns with depth... I'll still give them that "Hell Yeah" for thier performance so far!

Back
Top Bottom