Phinz OL : The Best Five... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Phinz OL : The Best Five...

BLITZKRIEG

~LACUNA LEGIONS~
Reaction score
Here it goes....

LT - This is without question the weakest link on our OL this year. The only thing we really have going for us there, is that M. Dixon can move over if need be. After B. Smith hurt himself again{calf muscule}, he's likely going to fall behind M. Spriggs for the starting spot.

LT - M. Spriggs

LG - We all know this is M. Dixons' spot to lose. He didn't look too good the last time I saw him at T.C. though. I know he's still recovering from his injury last season, and hopefully he'll be around 100% once the season gets underway. I like the sound of J. Nails making a comeback. If M. Dixon for whatever reason can't stay healthy, or ends up moving to LT, J. Nails should be able come in and open some nice holes for R. Williams....

LG - M. Dixon

C - T. Ruddy is on the chopping block this year. If he doesn't return to his 2000 form, he'll be gone next year. S. McKinney is still a project, but has looked very impressive for a rookie. I think T. Ruddy is the smart choice, and I hoping he'll look at this season as his last opportunity to prove he's a Pro-Bowl caliber Center. We need him sharp and focused this year in the middle.

C- T. Ruddy

RG - Last season I was ready to run down onto the field and choke T. Perry. He was horrible!!!.....and was a horrible signing. This off-season he's looked a bit more focused, and has won over OL coach T. Wise with his play. I really haven't seen it, but I'm not an expert. L. Searcy was brought in during this off-season, and really has been more of a disappointment than the improvement I was expecting. He's old, slow, and hasn't played in two years....He'll be a decent back-up though.

RG - T. Perry - I hate the thought of him at RG.

RT - T. Wade is now quickly becoming our best OLman. He's huge, and strong. This position is very solid with him, and as long as he stays healthy, he'll be great. Not much depth at the OT positions though...

RT - T. Wade

It's funny, I thought we were going to make some changes on the OL this off-season. We brought in some good depth compared to last season, but no really significant players who could have come in and started right away....

I'm looking for J. Nails to maybe be a serious threat for one of the starting OG spots. M. Dixon is the best OG we have, but he could use a good back up this season. J. Nails looks like he'll serve that purpose....

I'm not too excited with what I see on the OL, but with the new offensive system that N. Turner has brought in, I think we'll be safer. His play calling is much more diverse than what we've seen with K. Brown or C. Gailey.

Over the last few seasons, we've been utterly predictable which caused our offense to sputter. The penalties last season were horrible, and that was a direct result of lack of discipline. N. Turner and T. Wise need these guys to stay sharp and focused. If they can, we should be much more productive than last season.....

PHINZ RULE!!!

great analysis :cooldude:

LT is hurting :(

I think we should move Todd Perry over to LG, move Dixon to LT, then have Nails, Searcy, and Spriggs compete for RG.

I hear Spriggs is making some hustle out there but I still don't think he's a capable left TACKLE. I think Dixon doesn't have the strength yet to be a good run blocking LG because of his injury but I think he's probably got the mobility, instincts, and technique abilities to play left tackle and protect against the passrush very adequately while he continues to improve his run blocking from LT as the season wears on.

Its easy to forget that Spriggs was originally a guard for the Bills and we moved him to tackle. The experiment might be failing. We should consider moving him back to LG or RG to compete with some other people there like Leon Searcy, Jamie Nails, and Todd Perry. Its the best way to possibly save cutting Spriggs, and still gives us an adequate backup at LT for insurance against Mark Dixon. Its a thought

To honest with you guys..all the reports I've seen or read has Spriggs doing a good job. even pancaking some players...I think he did a good job against the titians last year before he got hurt..and they were built up to be this unstoppable DE's tatum that was going to crush everyone..He didn't let that affect him psycologically and played a good game...I still think he's a sleeper that will make us simle when all is said and done.

Smith has been regarded as a talented player. Its hard to judge him or Spiggs this early when they are both coming off serious knee injuries. Coaches though enough of Smith that they never made a real effort to keep Webb.

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt for at least a few more weeks to see if he can show some of the skills that the coaches thought he has or had.

Nails should be interesting to watch as well. Most reports say he can be dominating as a run blocker but might be a step slow as a pass blocker.

LT is so unsettled that I agree we need to give Smith the benefit before moving down on the depth chart. If Nails is our best run blocker at OG, he should start and we'll worry about pass blocking later. It is not like he's the LT or C

I just hope we wise up and draft some O-Line next year. Oh wait...we don't have any draft picks left as we just traded our 1st for a good backup LS. (just kidding but it seems like we would)

We traded our pick for R.Williams..we won't have a first if Ricky runs for 1500yds..trust me when i say this if he does we're in business and it'll be worth a 1st round pick..the other pick we traded was for J.Williams however we'll probably get the 4th rounder back as compensation for losing Walker Brommell and Mixon..we might even get a 7th for Mcnown...that leaves us with:
2 picks in the 3 first rounds (worst case scenario)
and 4 picks in the last 4 rounds...We should be able to get some help on the o-line..

Pink Dove....please reread my post and realize it was with humor. Oh my God I can't believe someone couldn't see that.

And BTW, I disagree it will be worth it if he rushes for 1,500 yards. If he is approaching that much than we already have a nice playoff spot sewed up. I say there is no way we should let him get past 1,450 yards. Change his incentives package to give him the same money for rushing for 1,400 yards instead of 1,500.

Sheesh I can't even joke about things w/o people not understanding it.

We might also get a 7th if JJJ makes the Browns team which it looks like he might as of now.Our 6 is also traded to the Bears BTW.

Also, I thought for sure we 'd get a 3rd last year losing Trace Armstrong a PB player who led league in sacks and a solid LT in Webb. We ot a single 5th. so don't count on us getting too many comp picks next year at all.

Back
Top Bottom