• Other, specify

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters

Kebo

I'm your huckleberry
Club Member
Reaction score
looking at a consensus big board, these are possible options

Cole Strange is a guy i've been hyping to friends since before the Senior Bowl. Really like him at guard but could give roster flexibility at center.

Pff has the lbs taken earlier than a couple of the other sites, and they have Chenal ranked lower than any of them.
I'm going to look for an inside guy who can play sideline to sideline, and cover before I'm going to look for a Roberts/McMillian/Chenal style run stopper. I think the modern game requires a more nimble MLB.

I'm not going to trade up, because we are short picks now, so if my LBs are gone, I'll then take a look at CBs and Edge players.

Yes, I REALLY think Defense is the way to go this year, that's where we'll lose players in 2023 and 2024.

I just did one at PFN and both Tom and Strange were on the board as well as James Cook and Dameon Pierce at RB.

Also Isiah Thomas Edge from Oklahoma and DT Matthew Butler from Tenn.

I went with Darrian Beavers LB from Cincy.

I ignored trades since we are just talking about taking a player.

James Cook from UGA and Jerome Ford from Cincy are backs I like who could be there.

David Bell at WR although that is no longer a need.

I picked Zack Tom from your choices and would be very happy with him.
We are thinking alike. I also went with Tom, but like the players you listed. Cook would be a great fit.

Robinson, from Alabama, is more of a bruiser. I like him, but McDaniel definitely seems to be about speed, speed and more speed.

Voted for Zach Tom, but I have it broken down like:

A. Can I find immediate help on OL?

B. Can I find an Edge who can contribute as a rotational player with the talent to develop into something more?

C. Can I find a CB with the tools to develop into a quality starter?

Went back and looked at the last five drafts (early to judge 2021, but some guys have already shown they can play), and here are some examples (picked 102 or later) from each grouping:

A. Brian Allen, Wyatt Teller, Jack Driscoll, Michael Onwenu

B. Trey Hendrickson, Carl Lawson, Maxx Crosby

C. Amani Oruwariye, L'Jarius Snead, Nate Hobbs

And here are the guys from 2022 who I think have a chance to join one of the groups of successful players Picked 102 or later (each is projected around 102 or later):

A. Zach Tom, Cameron Jurgens, Cole Strange, Kellen Diesch

B. Sam Williams, Josh Paschal

C. Damarri Mathis, Cam Taylor-Britt, Zyon McCollum

I would also be excited to add TE Jelani Woods (who shouldn't be there but is projected to be), and I'd be open to RB if the right player is there.

It’s hard to find cornerbacks that can play at an adequate level after the top 75 picks. The ones that can run and have length go early. You’re just about betting on a lightning strike if you’re looking for a cornerback late day 2 and beyond.

Linebackers, offensive lineman and RB’s are where the arithmetic is a lot more in your favor of getting an impact after the top 75 picks - because the traits at these positions tend to filter through the cracks.

Cornerback is probably the hardest position to hit on after the first two rounds. Usually all that’s left are short guys that are fast, long guys that are slow, and WR converts with inadequate ball skills.

Back
Top Bottom