Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OL Zach Tom

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Other, specify

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters
Voted for Zach Tom, but I have it broken down like:

A. Can I find immediate help on OL?

B. Can I find an Edge who can contribute as a rotational player with the talent to develop into something more?

C. Can I find a CB with the tools to develop into a quality starter?

Went back and looked at the last five drafts (early to judge 2021, but some guys have already shown they can play), and here are some examples (picked 102 or later) from each grouping:

A. Brian Allen, Wyatt Teller, Jack Driscoll, Michael Onwenu

B. Trey Hendrickson, Carl Lawson, Maxx Crosby

C. Amani Oruwariye, L'Jarius Snead, Nate Hobbs

And here are the guys from 2022 who I think have a chance to join one of the groups of successful players Picked 102 or later (each is projected around 102 or later):

A. Zach Tom, Cameron Jurgens, Cole Strange, Kellen Diesch

B. Sam Williams, Josh Paschal

C. Damarri Mathis, Cam Taylor-Britt, Zyon McCollum

I would also be excited to add TE Jelani Woods (who shouldn't be there but is projected to be), and I'd be open to RB if the right player is there.
Nice post.

I also wonder if Miami can move Parker to get up further in the draft. I saw that another posters floated the idea of the Dolphins trading Parker and that 102 pick to Green Bay for the Packers 2nd rounder. Speculation, of course, but that would move Miami into the top 60. Maybe that approach could be taken with Philadelphia, another team interested in Parker.

But, if the Dolphins stay at 102 that's a nice list you put together. X. Howard and/or Byron Jones could be cap casualties after this year and you always want to find a pass rusher if possible.

If all the Centers are still there after Linderbaum, I'd be tempted to wait and grab Defensive BPA at 102 and then snatch the best two OL available at 121 & 125.

At 102 I'd jump on a LB like Chenal, Tindall, Clark, or Andersen. If they are all gone, take defensive BPA or revert back to OL.

I have done a couple of Draft sims where Kellen Diesch from ASU is one the board at 102,

PFF has him Top 75 but I have not looked to see where he is ranked by anyone else.

He seems like more of a pure OT than Tom but Tom might be a better fit due to his quick feet.

Can anyone comment on Zach Tom and his potential to be a quality starting center in the nfl?

Any thoughts on Cameron Jurgens? I just read on ESPN that he would be a perfect fit in our zone blocking scheme.

I hope one of Tindall, Anderson, Chanel or Clark drops to 102.

But realistically, I like Cole Strange, Luke Fortner and Max Maxwell as OL additions with the 102 and 125 picks, along with Deangelo Malone at Edge and Domique Robinson and Michael Clemons at the Edge position.

I also like Tyler Allgeier at RB, at 102 or 125

Can anyone comment on Zach Tom and his potential to be a quality starting center in the nfl?
He did play center early in his career before being moved outside.

There are question about his physicality in the run game but he is a strong pass protector.

Not sure I would call him a plug and play rookie C but he has potential and fits the athletic profile we think Miami is looking for on the OL.

And his versatility is a plus.

Voted for Zach Tom. However, I do like RB Tyler Algier (sp) from BYU. Good power runner IMO, has good speed too. Maybe 102 is a bit high for him, but I think he will be there, and is worth the pick.

Can someone send Daniel Faalele a gas mask?

We only have one of those picks (traded the other in the Tyreek deal). I havent seen the official announcement but Wingfield said he thought we kept the better of the two 4th round selections

We only have one of those picks (traded the other in the Tyreek deal). I havent seen the official announcement but Wingfield said he thought we kept the better of the two 4th round selections
Miami picks 102 at the end of R3 and 125 in R4.

The gave KC the earlier 4th rounder which was 121.

Justyn Ross is in that range in some of the mocks I've seen. I know Miami no longer needs a wide receiver, but if the Dolphins deal Parker maybe Ross would be a target?

I've seen a few where Hall and Winfrey fall to the middle of the 3rd. Can't really see that happening, but if so those are players I'd look to deal up for.

I haven't paid much attention to the secondary, but you can never have enough corners.

Could be some talent at running back including maybe Cook, Robinson, Algiers (sp) and a few others.

The most likely move will be to go purely BPA at that spot.It is not very likely that they can find an impact rookie at a position of need at #102.

I could see them going for just about any position(other than QB) if there is a player they rate highly.

OL and LB are the biggest needs but I could see TE or DL there too.Probably not WR or CB but even then if the value is there you just try to add a good football player.

Back
Top Bottom