Pick 18 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pick 18

I want Smith at 3, and I Waddle secured with a trade up from 18. We need to double down on premium playmakers on the outside.

I want Smith at 3, and I Waddle secured with a trade up from 18. We need to double down on premium playmakers on the outside.
I’m starting to think like this as well. As much as I would love to get Collins to plug into this defense I think we have to double down on elite offense. Seeing Buffalo wrs running wide open all over the field made me disgusted and insanely jealous. I want that type of offense. I think Tua would get some of his Alabama confidence back seeing some familiar faces in the huddle. It had to be depressing calling the plays with Mack Hollins and Grant staring back at you.

If we take Smith or Chase then maybe Collins. If we go LT at 3 then you have to go WR at 18
That's generally how I feel, but I also would not be opposed if we doubled up at WR either especially if Waddle were there. But slot guys are more ubiquitous so I'd probably prefer to take that slot option later (maybe someone like Jaelon Darden in the 3rd or 4th). Not to mention that I think Albert Wilson and Bowden could both potentially fill the slot role if we had Smith/Chase with Parker/Williams on the outside.

Lots to consider.

If Miami gets Smith, and Pitts falls that could be a real option. This guy was a huge mismatch. One of those always open players.

Pitts is a monster. If he slid to 18- can't imagine it, but... I think we would have to take him. Mismatch every Sunday. I think Pitts is on caliber with that TE from the Raiders.

I would add a defense of lineman who can rush the quarterback
I don't disagree you but Flores comes from Belichick's school of defense where they prefer scheme to produce pass rush over a specific player. In BB's entire time with the Patriots only 5 players have produced double digit sacks, three of which many probably never head of: Mike Vrabel, Tully Banta-Cain, Andre Carter, Mark Anderson, & Chandler Jones. They traded Jones for peak value & haven't tried to replace him since.

Back
Top Bottom