"Pick a guy, let it fly" | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Pick a guy, let it fly"

I see absolutely nothing wrong with this advice. All Marino is saying is if you see a man open, throw him the ball. Done wait to try and get the ball to a certain receiver if that receiver is covered.

I think the advice has lead to Tua having the quickest release in the NFL. Obviously he will make some mistakes and will throw an interception on occasion. That happens to every QB and the fact is Marino averaged nearly 16 interceptions a year over his entire career.

In fact if you look up the list of the best QB’s in recent history, many of those top QB’s are on the list of most interceptions thrown in their careers.

I don’t get nearly as upset with an interception as most people on here. My view is the offense is going to turn the ball over on an interception or fumble several times during the season and it’s up to the highly paid defensive players to do their jobs and limit the TD’s or FG’s the opponent score off these turnovers.

Obviously it would be great if the offense never had a turnover but it is totally unrealistic to expect any team to go through a 17 season and not turn the ball over on a fumble or interception in some of those games.

Like that "old" baseball guy said - "Hit 'em where they ain't". - LOL

Sounds like a comment you give to Josh Allen or Herbert or something.

That doesn’t sound like the right advice for Tua.
Actually I think it’s what Tua does better than almost anyone. Quick release, makes decisions quickly, picks a guy and let’s it fly no?

it doesn't need a "name." those usually end up bein cringey AF anyways.
Depends on the moniker.

Names like "The Greatest Show on Turf" or the "Showtime Lakers" were not only spot on, they were awesome nicknames.

"The Brady Bunch", not so much.......

Dan the Man was similarly known for his quick release, so this advice is spot on.

Back
Top Bottom