Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Sage

Votes: 3 18.8%

• Total voters

Penthos

Am I on speaker phone?
Reaction score
Pick Your Poison

What we saw in San Diego was clearly an illusion... The Chargers defense was already crappy, then on top of that they were demoralized by the fire... on top of that the defenders were playing 10 yards off our receivers in the first half... Ray Lucas could have won that game...

We learned against the Colts that success in the passing game doesn't mean success on the ground.... And because of our porous O Line and Brian Griese's bad ball maintenance a moderately effective passing game is not enough...

After yesterdays game, I think that it is safe to assume that for the rest of the year the QB is going to be under MASSIVE pressure and that Brian Griese gives up the ball when he is sacked PERIOD... Being on a team with a college level O-Line that not a good thing... Yet if Jay starts unless he plays better than before his injury we will likely have No passing game, but at least he can scramble and make things happen with his feet.

Sage is the biggest ? mark... He threw the only TD pass yesterday, albiet in garbage time... If I thought the coaching staff was gonna be around next year I think they would put him in... HE has a rocket arm and is 2 inches taller than Jay and Brian, that might help seeing the field... Also its unlikely he would fumble as much as Brian... Brian makes Ricky Williams fumbling problem look non existant.
Pick your poison:
Jay
Brian
Sage

Last edited by a moderator:
I say bring in sage...why not...what else have we got to lose.

we've seen what fiedler and griese can do...let's see what sage could do.

who knows...sage might be our QB of the future.

fiedler and griese want the big money next year.

we won't exercise the option on fiedler and griese is a free agent next year. i believe that if we don't exercise the option on fiedler...he too becomes a free agent.

try sage out...why not?

Originally posted by Sal Lisitano
I say bring in sage...why not...what else have we got to lose.

we've seen what fiedler and griese can do...let's see what sage could do.

who knows...sage might be our QB of the future.

fiedler and griese want the big money next year.

we won't exercise the option on fiedler and griese is a free agent next year. i believe that if we don't exercise the option on fiedler...he too becomes a free agent.

try sage out...why not?

I would say exactly the same thing except for the fact that our coaching staff knows it neck is on the line and they don't have they luxury of grooming a player for next year because unless they make the AFC championship, thereis no next year for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
My preference is a healthy Jay, then a healthy Griese because he at least has considerable playing experience. Sage shouldn't be a factor until this team is mathematically out of contention. Only then would it be appropriate to put him in just to see what he might be capable of.

good point...but they should realize that there is no way in hell that the fins can get to the AFC Championship with this O-Line.

I thing BG gets one more shot. Then depending on what denver does we go with Sage. We are competing with denver and buff for the last postseason spot. Never give up if you can get into the post season and make a run. Past winners were ok at this point and got hot.

Sadly 13isgr81 is correct. Sage will not get a chance b/c we have to win now or heads will roll. IMO they should roll anyway. I also think Sage gives us the best chance to win.....or at least not lose as badly. This team goes 7-9 at best.

Playing a guy with a quarter and a half of real experience is the very definition of giving up. Saying otherwise is just crazy talk.

Back
Top Bottom