Pieces in place for Miami Dolphins' offense to flourish | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pieces in place for Miami Dolphins' offense to flourish

FinAtic8480

Active Roster
Reaction score
The faith already is there.
Heck, Raiders and Rams fans have a reasonable amount of faith at this time of the year, when no one has experienced a loss yet and it's relatively easy to convince yourself your team will be the surprise of the NFL.
But what Dolphins fans should be looking for Friday night against the Atlanta Falcons, when you will see the team's regulars for the most extensive time this preseason, is legitimate reason to support that faith.
And here's where you might have to find it: in a potentially explosive, occasionally dominant offense.
It's almost a foreign concept for this Dolphins team to consider it's offense the strongest side of the ball, and the primary reason for any real optimism this season.
After all, only once have the Dolphins had a top-10 scoring offense since 1996, while the team has had six top-10 rated defenses in that same span.
But it might be a concept you will have to familiarize yourself with again -- at least if you're considering this Dolphins team as a playoff-caliber group.

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/08/26/1794265/pieces-in-place-for-miami-dolphins.html#ixzz0xmFZg1E8

Good article , lets hope the pieces fit together tomorrow. More importantly lets hope they fit together during the season.

I tend to agree with the article, I think a lot of people around here have their expections a little too high for the defense. This will be a team built around offense until we get some more pieces in place on defense.

I tend to agree with the article, I think a lot of people around here have their expections a little too high for the defense. This will be a team built around offense until we get some more pieces in place on defense.

Yup, we'll try to play ball-control offense to keep OUR defense off the field, not the opponent's offense.

That's until our give-up-the-big-play defense does it's damage, then Henne will be asked to throw the ball up and down the field.

In the end, a lot is going to rest on Henne's ability to rescue games for us. No better time than the present for him to get those kind of reps in.

Back
Top Bottom