Piniella's agent meets with Rays | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Piniella's agent meets with Rays

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Lou Piniella's agent met with the Tampa Bay Devil Rays on Thursday to discuss the frustrated manager's concerns about the direction of the last-place franchise.

Piniella criticized the team's new owners last weekend for not doing enough to make the Devil Rays more competitive this year, going as far as to say he would no longer take responsibility for the wretched performance of the club with baseball's lowest payroll.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/baseball/mlb/06/16/piniella.devilrays.ap/index.html

This, to me, is unbelievable. What on earth was Sweet Lou expecting when he walked in the door?

phunwin said:
This, to me, is unbelievable. What on earth was Sweet Lou expecting when he walked in the door?

He was promised that they would spend more money and instead they have spent less. I cann see his frustration.

nyjunc said:
He was promised that they would spend more money and instead they have spent less. I cann see his frustration.

WHAT AN UGLY AVATAR :rofl3:

/sings "I'm leavin on a jet plane" to the acapella tune in Armageddon

"I'm leeeeeeaaavin oooonn a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again"

nyjunc said:

Noted, but these are the Devil Rays, for crying out loud! He couldn't seriously have been thinking they'd jump to a $75 million payroll right away, especially with the number of talented young players they were committed to developing. I can see his frustration, but Lou should have known better than to believe they'd go right out and spend a pile of money. I think they probably envisioned him helping some of the guys like Huff and Crawford develop, and when they were ready to contend, THEN spend on a couple free agent additions.

FiN.in.RI said:
WHAT AN UGLY AVATAR :rofl3:

/sings "I'm leavin on a jet plane" to the acapella tune in Armageddon

"I'm leeeeeeaaavin oooonn a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again"

You are a Celt fan too? I don't think I posted these pics here, they are from a trip to Boston in '98 to see the best MLB team maybe ever beat up on the Sox. Anyway, walking around Boston I saw the Garden halfway torn down. Here are the pics:

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

nyjunc said:
You are a Celt fan too? I don't think I posted these pics here, they are from a trip to Boston in '98 to see the best MLB team maybe ever beat up on the Sox. Anyway, walking around Boston I saw the Garden halfway torn down. Here are the pics:

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

:lol: Thanksfor the pics, dick.

The countless Championship banners still hang proudly in the Fleet!Can't tear those down!

FiN.in.RI said:
:lol: Thanksfor the pics, dick.

The countless Championship banners still hang proudly in the Fleet!Can't tear those down!

They all have cobwebs on them though :lol:

I love it. Even a thread on Lou Freakin' Piniella, manager of the most hapless franchise in baseball, turns into a Boston-New York "you suck"/"no YOU suck" thread. :lol:

For the record, F the Yanks and F the Sox. Thanks. ;)

phunwin said:
I love it. Even a thread on Lou Freakin' Piniella, manager of the most hapless franchise in baseball, turns into a Boston-New York "you suck"/"no YOU suck" thread. :lol:

:rofl3:

And F the Mets too. :tongue:

phunwin said:

F whatever garbage can team you like, besides the phins of course. :)

phunwin said:

These people can't see anything else but "HATE"! They will turn any thread into HATE towards NY (or Boston). No objectivity at all. That is why some people around here have lost all credibility on such topics.

MikeO said:
These people can't see anything else but "HATE"! They will turn any thread into HATE towards NY (or Boston). No objectivity at all. That is why some people around here have lost all credibility on such topics.

Like you?

Oh, I forgot, you are just too perfect. Seriously, get off your high horse. You post like you think you are better than everyone. As evidenced by your Dontrelle Willis post, you don't know more than anyone here when it comes to sports.

FaninPatsyLand said:
Like you?

Oh, I forgot, you are just too perfect. Seriously, get off your high horse. You post like you think you are better than everyone. As evidenced by your Dontrelle Willis post, you don't know more than anyone here when it comes to sports.

1) IF I was wrong about Willis (Only June he could still die out). Then so be it. Nobody knows everything about everything. (except for you Mr. Minor League Farm System expert :lol: :rofl3: ).

2) I post opinions. If you agree or disagree then so be it. It isn't about "being better than everyone else". I think its a case of you being so immature that you can't disagree with anyone in a reasonable manner. Reasonable people can disagree. You can't seem to grasp that concept.

Back
Top Bottom