Pitts and Chase Pro day | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Pitts and Chase Pro day

Not sure what to make of all these 40s anymore as players dedicate themselves to being track stars leading up to the draft.

Time to have them run the 40 seven times with 30 seconds rest in between to see how much endurance they have.

Or have them beat someone at the starting line and the defender battling them for position the whole 40 yards with them looking for a pass at 30 yards to see how well they run when the ball is in the air and if they don’t catch the pass the time doesn’t count.

I am not saying these 40s aren’t impressive or that Pitts and Chase are not at the top of the class, just that players have learned to game the system. These guys obviously are.

Not blaming them, it is a smart business decision.

Just that some players were actually playing football into January while other guys were practicing running sprints.

I don’t recall ever seeing a receiver in a sprinter’s stance to start a play and void of any defenders in their path with the ball sticking to their back 40 yards down the field.

Well, let me ask you - how disappointed do you think teams are - how far are Alabama's players falling....

I might be willing to bet you they don't fall as far as Drew Lock did.

Really Ted stop it, I don't gamble but even if I did I would never take one of your bets. It's always something like this with you. Find me one draft expert that has either bama WR dropping out of the first round.

How about I bet you that Mac Jones won't go as high as Joe Burrow did last year. You are ridiculous sometimes man.

Really Ted stop it, I don't gamble but even if I did I would never take one of your bets. It's always something like this with you. Find me one draft expert that has either bama WR dropping out of the first round.

How about I bet you that Mac Jones won't go as high as Joe Burrow did last year. You are ridiculous sometimes man.

If you want to bet all you have to do is find something I disagree with to bet on. It ain't hard to do.

Not sure what to make of all these 40s anymore as players dedicate themselves to being track stars leading up to the draft.

Time to have them run the 40 seven times with 30 seconds rest in between to see how much endurance they have.

Or have them beat someone at the starting line and the defender battling them for position the whole 40 yards with them looking for a pass at 30 yards to see how well they run when the ball is in the air and if they don’t catch the pass the time doesn’t count.

I am not saying these 40s aren’t impressive or that Pitts and Chase are not at the top of the class, just that players have learned to game the system. These guys obviously are.

Not blaming them, it is a smart business decision.

Just that some players were actually playing football into January while other guys were practicing running sprints.

I don’t recall ever seeing a receiver in a sprinter’s stance to start a play and void of any defenders in their path with the ball sticking to their back 40 yards down the field.

Pitts played at 10 lbs lighter than what he weighed in today ! That's pretty darn impressive, clearly not been training to run a fast 40.

Last edited:
Lol excuses. You can add some time sure but you ain’t adding no full tenth. 4.38 don’t turn into 4.5 it might turn into 4.45 but who cares

Another dumb trade by Miami. Cinci licking their chops at 5. Gift wrapped...if it gets by the falcons

Meanwhile our pick won’t even get on a damn scale let alone run or workout.

what a joke

trade out for what turns into a 2023 pick. Lmao moron

Lol excuses. You can add some time sure but you ain’t adding no full tenth. 4.38 don’t turn into 4.5 it might turn into 4.45 but who cares

Another dumb trade by Miami. Cinci licking their chops at 5. Gift wrapped...if it gets by the falcons

what a joke
Your two picks wouldn't play football the last year so this kind of hypocritical post is astounding.

Yeah that shuttle run from Chase was pretty sweet like.

I'm a long-time unbeliever when it comes to the importance of 40 times.

More so now that almost all of the prospects train for this.

One, it isn't really a football skill, and two... there are so many variables-- track, wind speed, electronic or hand timed... bias...

So when I see entire thread bloviating about whether some prospect or another is 'off my board', or 'moved up on my board' because of something that happened on a track... I mostly just laugh.

Pitts and Chase are gone by 6.

Get used to Waddle or Smith.

Hope it works out.

I will take 117 catches, over 1800 yards, and 23 TDs....along with a mockery and domination of the number 2 team in the nation over stats produced in shorts and GQ model posses.

This is football, not track tryouts. I will also take the guy who already has major game time with our QB.

what a joke

trade out for what turns into a 2023 pick. Lmao moron

Let us know when they start handing out trophies for standing on scales or running around in your underwear.

Barkevious Mingo would have a bunch of 'em.

Back
Top Bottom